Saturday, November 10, 2007

Originally appeared on 1/20/06

The next pic, 52 pic up, change meter update, Time/Life Series and more
The next pic, 52 pic up, change meter update, Time/Life Series and more magnify

     Today's pics would be of my cousin Nathan opening his gifts on Christmas Eve.  This pic has added meaning, because in many ways Nathan was the comic relief of the party.  Nathan gots lots of Army stuff for Christmas, including the toy guns and binoculars and what not.  Needless to say, he was running around "shooting" stuff.  When asked what he was doing he exclaimed "I am joining the Salvation Army!"  That would bring a brand new perspective to all of those bell ringers with their kettles.  It got better when he tried to take his brother Christopher into custody, when he yelled "You better run or I am going to shoot."    I can't count the number of times that we just ended up launghing uncontrollably at the new salvation Army.

 

     I am off for the next 48 hrs and I am getting into my very relaxed mode.  All I have to do is work on my pogo badges and do some cleaning, but I am not due back to work until Sunday morning.  I stopped by the news stand where I pay my phone bill on the way home.  I could mail in my payment, but this way it is filed electronically so I know it gets there sooner.  Anyway, upon leaving teh enws stand, I saw the instant lottery machine.  Usually I don't play scratch off tickets, though I did buy some tickets there as stocking stuffers for my parents, and I figured what the heck, I have a couple of bucks, so I bought a 5 dollar ticket, a Texas Hold Em ticket.  The premise behind the actual game is that you take two cards and make the best possible  5 card hand with your two cards and the 5 cards in the middle of the table.  The scratch cards had 4 such hands on it.  So I start scratching teh first game on it, and I see that the "dealer" had 3 Kings.  As I look at the card, I see that I ended up with a flush, a winner, so I scratched off the prize area and found out it was 21 dollars.  The next hand would see me get a straight against 3 kings again, this time for ten dollars.  The third hand was another winner, with me getting another flush and for another 21 dollars.  Now I am starting to wonder if maybe I have the hands mixed up, and I am reading the dealers cards as mine and vice versa, but the fourth hand would be a loser, so all told, it was a 52 dollar winner on a 5 dollar investment.

 

     The change meter stands at $.29.  At this rate, I will be lucky to get to 5 dollars this year, so maybe I better stick with lottery tickets. 

 

     Osama bin Laden has a new tape.  Oh goodie, I was wonder when my next one in the series from Time/Life would come in the mail.  After all I already have the famous cave speech, and his jihad fireside chats; I was starting to think he ran out of material.  Hopefully the next one will be his interrogation.

     Well, nap time for me, I think I will catch up on some sleep I missed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been