Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Originally appeared 12/20/05

The waiting is almost over

     My streak of consecutive days worked is nearing it's end.  I just passed the 16 week mark this past weekend (112 days for those counting at home) and have to make it until Friday before I can call it a year, as I am taking my vacation the last week of December.  Good thing too, cause I am getting kind of tired of everything to be honest.  I am losing track of days and foregtting things that I normally would remember, falling asleep and not hearing my alarm in the morning, it has just reached the stage where nothing good can come of this.

 

      That being said, something good has come of this.  I am in the finals of both of the fantasy football leagues I entered.  Of course the fact that the games are on Christmas Eve this week, means that I will be distracted a little bit.  Really though, the worst I will do will be two second place finishes, which will just add to my winnings this year.  I may nominate myself for GM of the year at this rate.  I was in 5 leagues this year that were pay to enter (3 baseball, 2 football) and won money in all 5.  See, good things really do happen to bad people. 

 

     No new mail from our resident machete weilding pyscho, which is just fine with me.  I understand the arguments against the death penalty, but for my money, anyone who attacks 5 yr old kids with a machete can be strung up in a fucking heartbeat at no great loss to humanity. 

 

     Well, bed time is fast approaching (yeah right), just as soon as I do some laundry, download some music, pay some bills and grab a shower and then get up in 4 hrs.  My mom asked again if I wanted anything when I was home.  I am opting for the bagel w/cream cheese, a cup of coffee and a newspaper that I can read at my leisure for breakfast one day, that would be good enough for me right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been