Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 1/21/06

A wasted Saturday
A wasted Saturday magnify

     Thought I would open the blog with a picture of my grandma.  I am lucky enough at 36 years old to still have a set of grandparents alive and kicking,  and seeing them is one of the first things that I do when I do get a chance to make it home for any period of time.   My granddad is always good for a story or two, which is usually followed by my grandmother saying close to the very same thing, especially if she doesn't have her hearing aid in. 

 

      Spent the day at pogo working on the longest badge ever, clearing 10,000 prizes in poppit.  I had to get it done, since today was the last day I could finish it without restarting back at zero.  I only ventured out for cigarettes and for pizza for dinner, because actually picking it up means it is a ten minute wait, vs 45 to have it delivered. 

     I did find a dime in the driveway this morning, the neighbors were out partying well into the night, screaming "Her we go Steelers, here we go".  Bunch of ass clowns that they are.  Nonetheless, they kicked the change meter up to $.39.

     Not sure if I mentioned it in a previous blog (and to lazy to go check) but finished 1776 by David McCullough.  Great read for those interested in American history, for those who aren't save your money.  I am onto my second book this year, Leadership by Rudy Guliani.  Found it in the dollar bin of all places while I was home for vacation, which made it a must grab.  About 100 pages into it right now, but a good read for anyone who wants to climb inside the head of someone who may be the Republican nominee in 2008, just to see how he thinks and operates.

     I am off again next Saturday, I swear I will get spoiled if I continue to have Saturdays off, but for now I will just be quiet and go about my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been