Monday, November 5, 2007

Free stuff for me, woohoo!!!

So today's entry starts with a little thing we like to call our fantasy update. I haven't even looked at all of the scores yet so you all get to bear witness as I open the envelopes and see just how bad I did.

Yahoo hockey

My third straight losing week, as I posted a 4-5-1 record, which drops my overall record to 21-21-8 and 8th place overall, though my 50 pts (2 per win, 1 per tie) is only 9 pts out of first, everyone is pretty much bunched up, and I do get the first place team this week, so hope still springs eternal.

Yahoo football

The game is complete, both myself and my opponent have no one playing in the Monday night game, so I can safely say that I won, 103-93 pushing my record there to 8-1 and maintaining my hold on first place. Chances are that I will have a two game lead after this evening, because the team I beat was one game behind me, and the only other team with two losses is trailing going into tonight by a decent margin with just the Ravens defense left on his roster to play.

Office Pool

I went 8-5 picking games this week, still have the Monday night game to go. For the year I am 81-49 in picking games.

Bar league

I am losing 118-99 gong into tonight's game. My opponent still has a kicker and Ed Reed playing and I have Willie Parker. I am actually happy that the game is this close to be honest, given my opponent had Adrian Petersen, and all he did was have the best rushing game in NFL history on Sunday. Odds are I will lose and have my record fall to 5-4, but even having a chance after that is nothing short of amazing to me. I could complain about having not played the right guys, I left more than enough points on my bench again. Mind you, every week there is going to be one or two guys that you wished you had played, this week, I could have gotten away with playing just about anyone that was on the pine, so to speak. My bench scored 115 points which either speaks to my inability as a GM or my ability at drafting depth, since I did score almost 100 (I will probably pass that mark this evening) with my starters.

Okay, enough with the sports type stuff, on to smaller and lesser things. I didn't get to add to the change meter, but that doesn't mean I didn't find anything. On the way to work yesterday, I was at the point in downtown where I hop off one bus and walk to the bus stop to catch my second bus to get to work, when what should my wandering eyes should appear but a McDonald's Monopoly game piece. It wasn't an instant winner or anything, just a property, New York Avenue to be exact. The thing is, each game piece comes with a code on it, one that you can redeem online, and I figured I would check it at work. Basically the online game is like the board game, but the pieces are a little different. Each code you enter gives you a roll of the dice to go around the Monopoly board nd any property you land on gets added to your account. I was McDonald's exactly one time during the entire contest so I think I had like three properties total in my account, I certainly wasn't going to fill out any group of them with one more code. Nonetheless, I got to work and added the code to my account, assuming that if the game piece was on the ground, most likely a less than computer literate person just saw it as a double they already had. My assumption was proven correct when the game accepted the code and rather than a property, I landed on Community Chest, which in the online game is an instant winner, so I am the proud owner of the new downloadable Monopoly Game, the Here and Now edition.

I do have an Asshat of the Week to hand out as well, and the Asshat comes from last nights football game. It doesn't involve any of the players or coaches or even the game announcers for that matter. rather, NBC/Universal has started a environmental campaign this week with some of their television programming called "Green is Universal". They are doing stuff with the Today show and imagine they will do something Nightly News and what not, but they kicked it off by going green last night during the studio pregame and halftime show. the problem was, their idea of going green was they weren't going to waste electricity, rather they were going to light the studio with candles. The problem was, while they killed the studio lights, everything else was still very much on, the monitors, the logo in front of the desk. The only thing that was off was the studio lights which made the show impossible to see, yet served no practical application with every other electrical appliance plugged in and turned on. And for this stupidity masking as environmentalism, the NBC Sunday Night Football program is your Asshat of the Week.

And on that fine note I am going to take a nap. Amazingly getting an hour back Saturday night has made me sleepier, not more awake.

1 comment:

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been