Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 2/23/06

Time to myself

Greetings one and all.   Just hankering to get a new blog out here, since I have been somewhat off kilter most of the week, this seems like as good a time as any.

I am in the midst of taping a three hour show, which means that I should have plenty of time to put thoughts to paper, just don't count on them being in any sort of organized fashion.

We will get the easy stuff out of the way first.  I added another 2 cents to the change meter last night at work.  I might have added more, but I called off Tuesday night, as I have been battling a cold for better than two weeks now.  While I could have worked, I looked at how much I make there and decided that it wasn't worth it for me to be sick and miserable all evening for the pittance I receive.   Anyway, the new total is now $2.35.

Fantasy baseball starts again for me next month.  I should do a trial draft by putting together a yahoo team, jsut so I get a feel of how players are going in a draft before I get started with the real money drafts I will be part of. 

Well, Olympic hockey is over for North America, since both the US and Canada have been eliminated.  I don't get why it has been made such a big deal however.  the Us had played awful the entire tournament, and while Canada lost, it's not like they lost to a bunch of scrubs.  The Russian team looks really good.  Then again, most of the teams look really good, it is what happens when you let professionals play.  But since future Penguin Evgeni Malkin plays for Russia, that will be who I am watching out for.

Let me get this straight, a handful of US ports are going to be managed by Dubai Ports World, a state owned company from the United Arab Emirates?  Can we count the ways on why this is a really bad idea?  Not that the [ports were under US management before the current deal, rather a British company was managing them.  I am sorry, whether we are allies or not, after 9/11 the ports are one of those things that should have been federalized.  It seems that we go about protection in some sort of half-assed manner here.  The things sthat should be important are ignored and the things that are of no importance are raised in significance.  The Department of Homeland Security has little if anything to show for itself, other than a nice color coded chart to tell us the threat level.  Of course the fact that the whole terror alert thing  has the originality of a kid with a box of crayons is something else entirely.  But that is all we have to show for ourselves, 4 1/2 years later? 

I splurged yesterday and bought myself a peach pie.   Mmmmmm!  Just needed to break up the otherwise monotony that is my life, and what better way than with a tasty dessert.  It really doesn't take much to make me happy. 

Btw, the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog DVD was hilarious.  I can't remember the last time I laughed that much while watching tv.  I think my two favorite bits were when he went to the premiere of Attack of the Clones and from the week Conan was in Toronto and they sent Triumph to Montreal.    So much funny stuff and I am sure that it doesn't translate to blogging at all.

Still working on the books I got last weekend, mostly reading the book on dictators for now.  Got through the chapter on Duvalier, and I have about two and a half left before I am done.  The book closes with Milosovic and Noriega, so should be more fun reading.

Well I warned you this would be all out of joint, and as you can tell, I didn't disappoint, but I must be going, work beckons once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been