Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 1/28/06

Glogging again (Penguins/Rangers)
Glogging again (Penguins/Rangers) magnify

Yes, I have broke out the glog again, since the Penguins/Rangers game is just about set to get underway.  This is game three in the post Lemieux era, the Penguins are 1-0-1 since his announced retirement.

 

Lots of stuff to add during the game including adding two cents to the change meter, new total is now $.80.

 

The Christmas pic today is my granddad, which is where I probably get some of my work ethic, since he drove trucks for better than 35 years, and for the last 33 years before his retirement, he didn't have an accident, which is pretty amazing, since I know people who can't drive 5 miles without putting any passengers and fellow motorists in danger.

 

I passed on the Steeler rally yesterday.  There was a big pep rally for them before they left for Detroit at Heinz Field from 5pm-8pm.  I was just to beat to go after doubling M-TH and working from 5am-3:30pm on Friday.

Glog update  12:20 remaining in the 1st; 0-0 but the Rnagers seem to be dominating play including hitting one off of the crossbar that caromed back out.

Glog update 11:20 1st - Rangers 1-0 on a goal by  Jason Ward, after making an incredible stop on Jagr, the ensuing faceoff sees the Rangers score.  The Penguins are being outshot 8-0 at this point.

I have been hanging out on a local message board where the argument is taking place over whether the President can tap phones without a warrant.  Boring stuff for most, interesting for me in that it requires me to actually defend an adminstration that I don't always agree with. 

Glog Update 7:35 1st - 1-0 Penguins still getting outshot, now its 11-2.

Glog Update 5:14 1st - 1-0 The Penguins get their first power play, and the first by either team, maybe this will jump start an otherwise anemic Penguins offense.

I still have cleaning to do today, but I will probably wait until the end of the hockey game before I start getting too involved in that.

Glog Update 4:42 1st - 1-0 Another Rangers penalty, the Pens will skate 5-3.

Glog Update 4:04 1st Penguins goal 1-1 on a Sidney Crosby goal, the goal scored during 5-3 so the Penguins still have a power play.

Glog Update 2:50 1st - 1-1 Penguins take a penalty, ending the power play and sending the Rangers on a power play for 1:56.

Glog Update End of the 1st - 1-1 Penguins being outplayed to this point, should be happy that it is tied, it easily could be 3-1, or 4-1.

Intermission gives me time to take a restroom break and maybe get a couple of things done here.  I haven't deceided what to make for dinner.  I would consider going out for dinner, but I probably shouldn't spend the money.  I get paid on Monday, and Friday next week, that is as good a time any to splurge.

This looks to be my last Saturday off for a while, I know I am on the schedule next Saturday at McDonald's, which is good and bad.  Bad in that I don't get a day off, but good in that I won't be at the radio station late on Friday, because I will have time during the week to get my production work done without doing 4 doubles in a row.

I have to track down a couple of guests for the radio show some time this weekend too.  I have been having better luck with that recently, most everyone I have went after this month has been on the air, which isn't always the case, sometimes there are schedule conflicts, other times they just don't return calls or emails.

Arena Football starts tomorrow.  It is a guilty pleasure of mine, I have no favorite teams, I just like the game itself, it is fun to watch, without getting too excited over.

Glog Update 20:00 2nd - 1-1, Just getting ready to get the second period started.   This is the national tv game on NBC, which just goes to show you the problem with picking games before the season starts, The Penguins are having a terrible year, and about 25 other teams that could be on tv today that are more deserving. 

Glog Update 15:56 2nd - 1-1 Rangers power play,  last time the Rangers didn't manage a shot with the advantage as this games has slowed down considerably.

Glog Update 13:51 2nd - 1-1 The Rangers are now 0/2 on the power play, but they at least managed some shots this time, but Fluery turned away all 4 of them.

I managed to get my pogo badges done again this week, I still have a couple of bonus badges that I could work on, maybe tonight as a bit of relaxation.  I am trying to keep my yearly album perfect and so far so good.  I have the three bonus albums to work on, well two actually since I have completed one of those, but at only one badge per week in the older albums (2003 and 2004), it will be a while before I finish those.

Glog Update 10:24 2nd - 1-1 Another Rangers power play as the 2nd period has been very much a plodding period, with little shooting, save for the Rangers powerplay.

Glog Update 8:12 2nd - 2-1 Rangers goal, as the Penguins kill the power play but couldn't get the puck out of their own zone, leading to a Martin Ricinsky goal.

Glog Update 6:02 2nd - 3-1 Rangers goal Michael Roszival, fomer Penguin scores as the Pens can't even generate shots to this point, getting outshot 26-8 at this point of the contest.

They just posted the national games again for next week.  The Islanders and Penguins are one of them.  Being in Pittsburgh and having the Pens on tv is nice, but if I am marketing the league, the last thing I want to have on is one of the worst teams in hockey for three straight weeks.  Where the hell is the Senators, Hurricanes, Maple Leafs,  Stars, Red Wings at?  No wonder this league flounders on tv here, they market the worst games for tv.

Sorry, threw some potatoes on to make fried potato sandwiches.

Glog Update 1:10 2nd - 3-1 The pens are now being outshot 30-8, this really can't end soon enough.  Again the Penguins should be thankful it is only 3-1, the way they are playing they should be down about 6-1 right now.

Glog Update End of 2nd - 3-1  'Nuff said.

Well I better get moving here.  I think we all can guess how the hockey game will turn out, no need to belabor the obvious.  Besides, I stll have to run out and get the last of my W-2s so I can do my taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been