Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 2/12/06

Officially broken

    It was only a matter of time before I came down with something, since I do pretty much every year.  The sad thingh is I didn't even see this coming.  I worked yesterday, putting in an 11am-8pm shift at McDonald's, so last night when my legs ached to the point of messing with my sleep pattern, I just assumed it was because I had been on my feet all day.  I wish, instead it was the early signs of me being sick.  Not that being sick matters, unless I am bedridden, I will still be at work, it just sucks.   I enede up waking up with a sore throat, which is never good when you work in radio, there is something about having a voice that goes with the job.  Thankfully I have some of this week booked up.  Not that I am the star of the show by any means, it is after all the Lynn Cullen Show, but still it is always nice to be able to chime in when you have something pertinent to say.  Luckily I have an author on tomorrow for the first hour, then Senate candidate Bob Casey Jr later on in the show so I should be able to get away with just pushing buttons for at least one day.

     Another 4 cents for the change meter.  For those keeping score, that is now $1.76 so far this year.  The sad part is that the change meter is now enetering my sleeping patterns, as I find myself dreaming of finding change.  Not cool change like 20 dollar bills either, just a penny here and a penny there, which makes it hard to remember what I actually found and what I dreamt about finding.

     It is snowing out as I type this.  Not as bad as they got it on the East Coast (the mountains actually helped act a abarrier in this case) but we have maybe an inch so far.  Mind you, the news will treat this like it is the second coming of the ice age but for those of us who have been around longer than say a week, it is pretty much nothing for this time of year.

     I have been tinkering with Madden 2001 in my free time this weekend.  I know that the game is old, but when I bought it, I got it much cheaper than a newer version of Madden, because of the age.  I think I spent about ten bucks on it.  I don't even have a controller for my computer, so I have been playing the game in coaches mode since I got it.  I am up to season 10 now and salary cap issues are starting to come to bear.  For those of you unfamiliar with the game,  in franchise mode, you start with your teams original lineup, but as the seasons pass, you have to deal with drafting new players and developing them to the point where they help your team, rather than hurt it, players retiring, and the salary cap.  The cap for me right now is a killer, because I went and developed a decent quarterback, now he is holding out for more money (the rat bastard).  He wants 16 million per year.  And I want hot chicks in my bed every night, but that doesn't happen either.  So it looks like I will be starting the season with my backup and hoping he doesn't get hurt, cause my third stringer sucks ass.

      In more boring computer game news, I did get two of my badges done for pogo this week.  Just one to go, but it is going to take a while, so I am not getting too excited.  I did get one of my premium badges done as well, and I am close to finishing the second of the three premium albums, with only 7 games of spider solitaire to go before that is done.

      The Penguins won two games in a row this weekend.  Forget the bombing of Baghdad, two wins in a row from this club is truly shock and awe.   The Pitt basketball team plays later today, and since I last wrote about them, they have beem mediocre.  The lost three straight games, to St John's, U Conn and Georgetown to fall to #12 in the polls, then this Thursday they knocked off #10 West Virginia and today they play Cincinnati.  A win and they may get back in the top ten, but I think it will take another week of winning basketball before anyone votes them back that high.

     I am making progress at getting out of work for the day.  I have all of my commercial feeds taped, my Clark Howard minutes done and I am now working on taping Big Band Jump for next week.  I may not finish this today, because I could get out of here at 2pm, if I opt to finish it later in the week.   That is the advantage of football season being over, I can pretty much set my schedule on Sundays at the radio station.  The station itself is automated, I just come in to get my production work done, and most of it is done to this point.  Plus I have an easy McDonald's week this week, so I should have time to finish this show whenever, probably Thursday, or even Friday, but I would like to go out Friday night as they are running a specail at Dave and Buster's again, you by an entree for like 15 bucks and you get a 10 dollar game card to play in the arcade.  36 years old, and no intention of growing up. that's me.

     Well I have rambled on about nothing for long enough, besides, my coffee mug is empty. So to quote Nancy Kerrigan after getting whacked in the knee with a pipe at the Olympics, "Why...(sobs)...Why.....(sobs).....Why?". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been