Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 3/3/06

Sorry, no clever title, just questions and musings for the audience

Greetings one and all, it has been a few days since I blogged, so I figured I better get back at it. I am taking Angie's advice and doing this in WordPad first, because I am tired of losing perfectly good blogs on my laptop. Hopefully things will go much better this way.

First, the change meter gets two more pennies, so we are now at $2.42. I was actually thinking about something regarding the change meter the other day. While so far I have just been finding coins, what happens if I should find a wallet or a money clip or some other assortment of significant bills? Do I keep it? If I give it back, does it really count toward the change meter? leave it to me to find the ethical dilemna in something so trivial as the change meter, but if I decide that there is an amount that I can't keep, then where would i draw the line? For that matter, where would you the reader draw the line? At what point is it found money vs. an amount that should be returned?

And since I am being all philosophical here, let's add another question to the mix, it is one that has stumped some coworkers of mine, so I will see if anyone can answer it here. let's propose for the sake of argument that you could get away with one murder, the philosophical get out of jail free card if you will. mind you, you only get one, you can't go on a spree here, but you are for a brief moment in time allowed to play God by eradicating one person. Who do you get rid of? I will admit that I have no idea who I would kill, but my temperment leads me to believe that once I knew I had a freebie, I would probably just waste it on the first person that actually annoyed me. Not exactly long term planning here, but by and large the people that annoy me aren't the ones that would attract a lot of attention should they be removed. Sure, I could pick someone higher up the food chain, but their death could lead them to end up being a martyr, so by removing them, I might have given them more credibility than if they just lived. Nonetheless, I will take all answers to the question. Maybe someone has a better reason for offing someone than I do, i don't know.

Yesterday was another spoil myself kind of day. I did my morning gig, then took myself out to lunch (chicken parmesan) then came back to work and got some of my production work done. I got about three hrs done of the five I had to do, then left for home. I decided that rather than cooking I would stop at Quaker Steak N Lube. This was my first visit to the well known restaurant, as most of the stores are outside of the city, but they recently opened one in my section of town (Oakland) so I figured I would give the place a try. Basically they are a wing joint, though they do have a few other things on the menu, I am just surprised it took this long for them to open one this close to the Pitt campus. It would seem to be a no brainer to open a place that primarily sells wings next to a college campus. I ended up getting the cajun wings and french fries. Yummy!!!! and the place was packed. theuy have some inside seating, but since I live only a few blocks away, I just got mine to go, so i could go home and eat and play on the computer at the same time.

The reason to play on the computer? More pogo badges, naturallly. This weekws badges were pretty easy, I had actually got two of them done, leaving only one that needed done by next Tuesday, and I finished it last nite. I still have a premium badge that I can work on, win 10,000 tokens in Pop Fu, but I still have 9 days to finish that, which is plenty of time, since I already have almost 4000 tokens done. I also tinkered with my Madden season that I mentioned in a previous blog. The overpriced QB I complained about in that blog entry? I ended up caving in and giving him a new contract, though I did manage to get his asking price down about 800,000 a year, so a minor victory there. Right now I am on season 10 in the franchise mode, and I am currently 6-1, tied with the Cincinnati Bengals for first in the division, and I play them twice in the next three games. Not that you much care about the games I play, but just wait till I start getting back into Diablo 2 again and post all of the the items my character has as well as stats. I have so many interests with which I can bore the reader.

So, is anyone tired of the videos that have come out recently? First it's Bush knowing about katrina, now it is Blanco saying the levees would hold. I swear, if they come up with a few more videos, we could have our own TRL of gov't failings. Just accept the fact that thye failings were at the local, state and national levels when it came to disaster response, fix the damn problem and move on already. This incessant finger pointing at the lack of coming up with a cohesive strategy to deal with upcoming disasters really doesn't serve any purpose, other than to make some people feel good about their political leanings by blaming the other side.

Here, I thought when I first started this blog I wouldn't have anything to say. You think I would know myself better by now. Apparently not.

It's been a bad week for radio, at least as far as I am concerned. First, I found out that we will be losing our program director, John Poister in a couple of weeks. He is leaving us to go back into TV, which he worked in before joining us. He is headed over to Channel 11, WPXI, where he will be in charge of news content. Plus he gets to work with the hottie that is Trisha Pittman. I am sooooo jealous. Also of radio note, the person who I first worked with once I went to full time at the station, Jerry Bowyer, has left the profession due to health reasons. Mind you, he left the station almost a year ago, as he got another radio gig over on the FM side, but for the five years that I was the producer of his show, I learned alot about what it is I need to do to help put on a good radio show. Jerry was working over at WORD FM as well as filling in as a substitute host for KRLA Los Angeles (I hope i got the call letters right), and on the nationally syndicated Bill Bennett Show and on the also national Mike Gallagher Show. And to think I was there when he was getting his feet wet in this business. I hope he is able to get back at this soon, he is one of the people that I enjoyed listening to, even when I disagreed with him.

Well, it is almost show time here, so I better get moving. For those of you that made it this far, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been