Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 2/3/06

The end of the Mania

     We are still a few days away from the Super Bowl here, but with my last radio shift of the week, my Super Bowl week is done.  I don't have to watch any more all Steeler newscasts the rest of the week (I don't watch much tv at home) and while we are doing our "tailgate" for the office right now, thankfully I can hide out here in the production room and not be part of it.  I would much rather enjoy the game in silence then in the growing craziness that continues to take place.

     I  did find another penny yesterday, so the change meter is up to $1.47.  It should be noted that I am still plus on the lottery as well.  For those of you who hadn't read the post, I bought a 5 dollar ticket that resulted in a $52 winner.  Well, the other day I decided to press my luck and buy two more $5 tickets.  One was usless, the other was a winner for $14, so maybe it is just going to be my lucky year.  One would think I am probably the last person karma would reward, not because I do tons of bad things, I just don't do tons of anything.  I will be perfectly comfortable knowing that at the very end of my existence, I left little or no footprint at all in the grand scheme of things.  I'll just do my stuff and let the rest of the world take care of itself.  I certainly don't need to leave a legacy of any sort or try to continue my linneage.  The day I have to choose between going out and buying a box of Pampers is the day I have made a bad career choice.

     I have barely worked on my pogo badges this week, just the bingo one is done so far, but it was so easy that I finished it in less than an hour.  All you had to do was cover 500 numbers, and if you set the game to 6 cards, it was relatively timeless to get done by badge standards. 

 

    Today was also payday here at the station, which means it's also pay the electric bill day.  Funny how those would go together.  It may be buy some comic books day too.  All of the reading I do can't be too heady.  Right now I am into the whole "Other" storyline in Spiderman, Thunderbolts has turned out to be a decent comic, and of course you can't go wrong usually with some of the X titles. 

    I am on the last hour of taping that I have to do for the weekend.  At this rate I should be home around 3pm, provided I don't decide to go out for dinner tonight, it will be a quiet nite in for me.  I am thinking of maybe a nite in, then tomorrow going out and doing my thing.  I work from 8am-4pm tomorrow, but that still leaves me the evening to do what I want,  and I am a night person anyway.   Getting the pain of being at work out of the way early in the day is good, cause I would have just slept in anyway.  If I am going to make money, it might as well be in hours I otherwise wouldn't do anything with.

   Well, I better scoot, tie up loose end at work and see if there is anything else I need to do before calling it a day.

    By the way, in case no one noted, we have some new names on the friends list, so by all means welcome them aboard and check out their sites as well.  They can't be more boring than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been