Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 2/17/06

What a piece of junk

   If you can't tell, I am not very happy.  I went through the process of creating another fine entry for my blog, and when I went to add it, I got the stupid screen which said I would have to refresh to continue, which I did and it erased my blog entry.  Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, as yahoo does have a feature where you can recover your last entry should something go awry, which I did and then went to post it, except yahoo didn't recover the whole entry, so I had to go back and delete the post,  as it cut off the blog entry in mid sentence.

     I will try to reconstruct the entry here, but who knows at this point how close I will get to the original entry, plus I have added material anyway.

     I did get to watch some more Olympic coverage this morning, some women's curling (USA/Russia) and some women's hockey (USA/Sweden) .  The hockey game is still in progress to my knowledge, it was 2-1 USA last I looked.  Curling was tied going into extra ends, though there was a smoking blond on the Russia team that was definitely holding my attention. 

     The office is doing a collection for the Powerball drawing this Saturday.  I threw 5 bucks at it, but I realize my chances of winning are only slightly worse than getting a date with the hot Russian curling chick.

     I caught up on my sleep last night, or most of it at least.  I think all told I logged about 11 hours.  I grabbed some dinner on the way home from work, opting for the cajun chicken sandwich and french fries.  I made it through the french fries before falling asleep around 5:30pm.  I woke up at 10:30, long enough to eat the sandwich, watch some Family Guy on DVD and go back to sleep until 5am.  I would have watched some more Olympics coverage, but it was the same taped delayed prepackaged crap NBC always gives us in the evenings, figure skating and cross country skiing.  I have already stated that figure skating isn't a sport, though if I needed proof of that, all I would have to look at would be the ice dancing pairs final, where a Chinese pair ended up with a silver medal after the dude tossed his girl in the air, she landed on her knees and slid into the boards.  A move made for professional wrestling to be sure, but even that blunder didn't keep them from getting a silver medal, so apparently you don't get penalized for screw ups of the first order in events with judges as opposed to a predetermined scoring system.   Instead they got to take a 5 minute break to make sure she was okay, then pick up where they left off.  Imagine if the American skier, who flew wildly off of the course, was allowed to go back to the point on the mountain where she crashed and the time she wrecked was put back on the clock and she continued racing from there, and you start to understand the stupidity of all things figure skating.  Hell, that alone would be worth a bronze.  Fucking idiots.

     I got paid today, which means I get to pay the phone bill and the landlord today as well.    I hate how those days go hand in hand.

     No news on the change meter, but then again, all I have done since my last posting on it was sleep and eat and work, with no real meandering by me to try and find any more money.

     Well, I better get running, I am getting to the point where I have less that an hour's worth of work before I get the rest of the day off.  Of course this morning it was 49 degrees outside when I got to work at 5am, as I type this at almost 12:45 pm, it has dropped to 33 degrees.  So much for the rumor that the sun actually warms things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been