Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 1/22/06

The big 40
The big 40 magnify

     Well, it's official, Pittsburgh is going to the Super Bowl,   Super Bowl XL for those of you that count such things, after a 34-17 win in Denver today.  That means lots of celebrating, as sections of Oakland and the South Side were closed off for people who took their reveling to the streets.  At least there was no injuries or destruction of property that usually coincides with sports celebrations, just a lot of drinking, like we need another excuse to drink in Pittsburgh.

     The change meter reached $.40 today, after finding another penny while getting off the bus this morning on the way to work.  Usually I will take a bus that runs down 5th Avenue then switches over to Forbes in town and get off at Stanwix Street, then cross the street to catch my second bus on Stanwix, today I deviated a little, catching a 500 bus, and getting off at the corner of 6th Street and Liberty Avenue which created a longer walk to the second bus stop (about a block) but was the integral move in adding to the change meter as I found my brand new penny getting off of the 500 in town.

     Today's Christmas pic is me Christmas morning (so you can all see how utterly unpresentable I am when I get up in the morning.  I believe I am either opening my laptop or the case for it in this pic (my mom was manning the camera, so I can blame her for how bad I look I guess).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been