Sunday, November 25, 2007

Originally appeared 2/10/06

Rules of the game

Greetings one and all.  Just taking some time to jot a few things down before swallowing more coffee and getting back to work here.

More people have opted to be on the friends list.  Feel free to say to them, or inform them of the error of their ways, your choice.

For those that don't know, here is what you can expect here, not much.  Really, I will babble about just about anything.  Any highlighted blogs have a link in them, the launchcast thingy should connect you to my station.  I was up most of the night rating more music to better fine tune it, I actually have filed a couple thousand ratings on there, so most of what I would deem as crap has been filtered out.  Most of what you would deem as crap has been left in, just so I can annoy you a little more.

The change meter, which is the logging of change that I have found in my meanderings in the real world now stands at $1.72.  I managed to scoop up another 16 cents here and there over the last couple of days.  Slowly we creep to the two dollar mark, someone needs to drop a wallet or something so we can move this total along. 

The feeds and blogroll are all things that I check out frequently which is why they have been added to the page.  I wouldn't subject you all to anything that I doon't subject myself to, save for brussell sprouts, you can have all of those.

 

And in other news

Excuse me for being even more over the top pro America than I normally am (and that is quite a bit), but I have to root for the home team in the Olympic Games, at least in those things that are actually sports and not glorified vocations or hobbies.  A sport is defined here by an athletic activity where the winner is determine by a measured means and not someone's arbitrary opinion.  Therefore downhill skiing is a sports (measured by elapsed time to come down  a mountain) and figure skating isn't (scoring based on the opinion of a panel of judges).  Before everyone says that that means I just support "macho" events as sports, boxing would not qualify either, as a bunch of judges determine who wins each round as opposed to an established way of measuring who indeed won.  The winner of an event should never be determined by whether or not a judge has a stick up his ass regarding the nations that are competing.  

Count me amongst the happy that Cindy Sheehan has opted to not run for the US Senate.  I hate one issue candidate, regardless of what the issue is.  We can all shed a tear that her son died in Iraq, or send along our sympathies, but that doesn't answer the harder questions like how to fix Social Security, or what to do about the national debt.  Plus I have a hard time swallowing a "peace activist" who was more than content to be coddled by Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, a man who tried at first to militarily take over his country in a coup, and is recognized by Amnesty International as a human rights violater.  It is common occurence for Hugo's political adversaries to just "disappear".    

Fast food advice - When eating at McDonald's, get the Big N Tasty w/o ketchup or mayo, then ask for hot picante sauce.  Tasty and much less messy.

And finally breakfast advice - Cheapo cafe mochas, just add equal parts coffee and hot chocolate to your mug in the morning, good stuff and about 5 dollars cheaper than Starbucks.

That's it for me today, still have papers to staple, coffee to drink and cigarettes to smoke before the show starts.  Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been