Sunday, August 30, 2015

B365V2.98 - Definitely a me kinda day

Well, all I can say about today is that it definitely turned out as a me kind of day.  I woke up around 10am, did the shower thing but still couldn't get the goop out of my eyes, they felt wet for the better portion of the morning.  Still, rather than sit there and be distracted by my iPad all day I got myself moving and decided to once again take in a Kelly O's breakfast.  It has been far too long since I made a Strip District run and with the weather being gorgeous and an influx of students in Oakland, it seemed a fine time for a morning relocation.

I get over to Kelly O's around noon and they hand me a new menu.  I didn't spend all that much time checking and rechecking to see if they made any changes, it felt like an eggs kind of day, so I got the OMG breakfast, which is two eggs, sausage, ham or bacon, shredded potatoes or hash browns and toast.  Yes I am fat, what of it?

After a delicious breakfast and washed down with two cups of coffee I went about exploring in the Strip, stopping first at Grandpa Joes candy shop.  It is one of those places where you can pick up lots of old time and novelty candles and they have a large selection of glass bottle sodas as well.  So I was doing my homework, seeing if they had anything that might be worth carrying in our store.  Some items they had we had previously, like Bawl's soda and Cheerwine, others we already have like the Bruce Cost line of ginger ales (which are delicious if you don't mind having real ginger floating in the bottom of your bottle) and stuff from Natrona Bottling, which is made locally.  We had reps in our store when they first came out but I took a pass on their product line.  We do have limits on our space, so the things I want are the things I know I can sell.  Natrona may have the best tasting sodas on the market, but they will never beat Pepsi or Coke, nor will they flatter us with an offer like 7 up did to get space in the store.

Anyway I did my snooping in the candy store and then left to go on other adventures.  I stopped in a couple of the Pittsburgh centric clothing stores to look at Penguins hats, hockey season is approaching after all.  After that it was a trip to Scratch and Dent, the grocery liquidator place in the Strip.  Trips there are hit and miss, it depends on what they can get their hands on that is either past its sell by date or was overstocked items that they could get on the cheap.  Some times the store will have plenty of things, other times it will be completely empty.  Today was one of the good days.   I bought some fixins to make my crock pot chili (2.5 lb bag of chicken breasts $6.00, kidney beans 2/$1, and fire roasted tomatoes 1.49 a can).  I also snagged some other things that I like, the family size box of Chocolate Toast Crunch ($2.99), and two six packs of candy bars (.99 each).  I almost bought the mint chocolate chip cookie dough, but my apartment is warm enough without firing up the oven.  If it is anything like the red velvet cookie dough they had earlier this year though, that shit was yummo.

Then I got home and checked my bank account and I had $50 more than I thought, which is always a good thing.  Plus I managed to finish a book, hopefully I will have it on the shelf to the right before you read this.  Who am I kidding, I don't even read this so I am safe on that front.  And today was the first fantasy football draft of the year for me, I have one more later in this week.  Today's was for my work league, the one later this week is for the Pittsburgh bloggers group I am in.  The results of the first draft I already posted, overall I think I like my team.  Getting Tom Brady late because everyone is worried about his pending suspension was huge for me, when he comes back he is going to be one pissed off hombre.

Anyway I better get my ass up off of this bench before I leave an ass print here.  But all in all, it was a pretty good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been