Tuesday, August 4, 2015

B365V2.71 - Where's my sippy cup?

Just sitting here in Mellon Square again ( aka the back up Batcave ), not a lot on my mind really, but even if I weren't writing this would be a good place to wind down after another day at work.

I don't think Ed realized what he handed me the other day at work, not that I am complaining mind you, the job perks are one of the reasons I don't seek a better paying job.  But Thursday last week he asked if I wanted to go to a Pirates game.  Mind you I have been to three already this year, two of which I was given the company tickets for ( 4 seats @ $48 per ticket ) and the other game was in the company seats with some friends / co workers.

So he gives me the tickets for Friday night this week, Pirates versus Dodgers.  That in and of itself would be a good enough reason to go, the Dodgers lead the NL West while the Pirates have the second best record in the NL.  Then I saw the probable pitching matchup, for the Pirates its Gerrit Cole, he of the 14-5 record and 2.29 ERA.  For the Dodgers is Clayton Kershaw, 9-6 and 2.37 ERA.  Dare I say this type of ticket would be scalpable, should I have went that route.  I almost did too, what which my first two options of people going with me saying thanks but no thanks.  Rather than that though, I scrounged up some friends for the game in ye olde company seats ( section 125, row f ) and it is looking to be a fun time had by all.

I got complemented on my new purple shirt today.  Too bad I spilled coffee on it, I swear I should only be allowed to drink out of sippy cups.  Anything else and I have just a good a chance of wearing it as I do drinking it.

So as you can see off to the right, I finished my first Vachss book I bought the other day and I have managed to misplace the second one in my apartment some where.  I bought them with leftover laptop money when I got the new toy from Amazon.  I was thinking about going brand new, but they had some laptops that were refurbished by Dell, and I figured a refurbished would be good enough for what I usually do.  Which isn't much I might add.  I think last night I put the final bells and whistles on it to get it back to my old laptop status when I downloaded open office.   I don't use spread sheets enough to by an excel package, but the times I do use them it is nice to have some freeware to crack them open with.

At least it isn't raining here today, so it doesn't feel like I am rolling around in wet lollipops, merits be told it was probably closer to wet bird piss and shit mixed with bum pee for extra flavor.

Well I had best be getting off in a homeward direction.  I have been here long enough to burn off half of my iPad battery, time to go home and recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been