Sunday, August 30, 2015

B365V2.97 - Rough drafts

This is the blog entry for my first fantasy football draft of the year, this is the league I am in at work.  I have done no research leading up to this, I haven't picked up a guide or magazine, nor have I visited any of the numerous fantasy sites where you can get tips on players.  Just checked the online draft client and my laptop is compatible so no need to download anything, that is good.

Looks like I got the 8th spot in the draft this year.  That's good for me because I don't know who the hell I would have taken if I went 1 or 2 and by the time the draft snaked back around to me all of the good players would have been gone. Each week you have to field a team consisting of 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF and one player that can either be a WR or RB.  There are bench spots as well, mostly to cover bye weeks.    Draft begins in 20 minutes and I am the first one in the draft room.  Fashionably early you might say.  So I will play some MPQ while I wait.

I should have went to the bar to do this draft, then it would have been just like old times when I ran the fantasy league for the bar for almost a decade, but then people moved away and grew up (the horror!) and the league slowly fell apart.  Those were the days.  I think a couple of our seasons are still on the web some place.  I found them here and here.
It was Argonauts in both those leagues, it is a name I use for all of my fantasy sports teams.

1st round  Antonio Brown WR PGH
2nd rd  Dez Bryant WR  DAL
3rd rd Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN
4th rd  Frank Gore  RB IND
5th Ameer Abdullah RB DET
6th Matthew Stafford QB DET
7th Rashad Jennings RB NYG
8th Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI
9th Tom Brady QB NE
10th rd Arizona Cardinals DEF
11th rd  Owen Daniels  TE DEN
12th rd Ryan Matthews RB PHI
13th rd  Mike Wallace WR MIN
14th rd Darren McFadden  RB DAL
15th rd  Sebastian Janikowski  K  OAK



No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been