Sunday, August 23, 2015

B365V2.90 - Picture pages revisited

Yes I took the camera out today on my venture to Heinz Field to watch the Steelers - Packers preseason tilt.  I had no real desire to go, the game doesn't mean anything, the real starters would play maybe a half and I am all kinds of TLC when it come to watching scrubs  . But I figure it is a free ticket and if I have free anything, hell, I will go watch cock fighting for a minute at least, just because it is free.   Bobby had another of the free tickets, Sammy and his girlfriend Lisa had the other two, so I told Bobby I would meet him at work and we could go over to the stadium together.

Of course I get downtown early,  so I head over to my spot in Mellon Square and play some MPQ, just to see if I couldn't score another good cover or two, which I didn't, my roster is very much the way it started the day.

                                         My spot, you can't have it.

So we meet up and start the walk over to the stadium, we took a route similar to getting to PNC Park, where meaningful games are being played these days, unlike preseason football


Then we followed the Riverwalk down to the Heinz Field

Where I learned we had best get ready for the invasion of our avian overlords, which is coming soon to a metropolis near you
Lots of people out today, even if the stadium seemed empty for a Steeler game, perhaps some people had the same idea I did regarding scrubs.  Instead there was lots of tailboating, or boatgating or whatever you call the process of drinking on a boat.





                                          Those people in the river better have their tetanus shots.

                                           Still others came by car

                                      One family even made their dog swim to the game, how fucked up is that? 
But we made it to the game after trekking to the gate that would get us closest to our seats, having had the company football tickets before I knew where we were going.

The seats were good, but the free is always good, but still here is a few views from the company seats at Heinz Field







At some point we must have scored, I wasn't really paying attention, I was trying to keep my eyes open after another sleepless night.  I stayed up and watched a documentary on Big Star, because I am a nerd like that and you most likely aren't.  But they put this on the scoreboard, and they don't usually do that for any old reason.
I actually had to get up after three quarters, if I didn't I would have fallen asleep, and the public does not need to hear me snore.  The crazy Canadian taped me snoring one night, but trust me the best time we had together was usually when I was sleeping anyway.  If it kept her awake, then bonus points for me and I am keeping score.

 So I meandered as only I can do, and took some more pictures, because I had my camera, why the hell not?


The Great Hall, because forget the French and Indian War, or the Revolutionary War, or our role during the Civil War, the only history that matters in this town is the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in 6 years some 40 years ago motherfuckers. If you're not down with that I got two words for ya (insert DX crotch chop), suck it!

They played hockey here once too, and as we all know hockey > football.

Okay, some helpful advice for the guys out there, does you manhood ever seem like this
And you want it to be more like this
Well then stop by Smithfield News and and try one of these bad boys right here


If your erection lasts longer than 4 hours, let people ride it like a pogo stick before calling a doctor.  Might as well enjoy it while it lasts, right?

Finally I was getting hungry and thought about taking a quick trip through Market Square to La Gondola, only my favoritest pizza shop in all of downtown Pittsburgh.  Back in the day (a phrase us old folks are allowed to use with reckless abandon) they had one of those old school jukeboxes with vinyl 45s in it.  I would always go in and play "World Shut Your Mouth" by Julian Cope  but kids today and their music, don't get me started.  Anyway the jukebox is long since gone and as I could see here, the pizza shop was closed.

So I settled for a keilbassa from work, which hit my stomach like someone was poking it with a dagger, and walked back to my blogging spot to reply to some comments on this page.  Yes, honest to goodness comments.  I had to do a double take myself.  But I answered most of them, I do not ignore anyone who takes the time to write something on here, in case you were wondering.

And that was Sunday in picture form. 


1 comment:

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been