Sunday, August 2, 2015

B365V2.69 - See, my life isn't all that exciting

Just trying to enjoy myself on a lazy Sunday, hanging at the pool after an early morning trip to the Strip District.  Okay early may be a bit of a stretch since I didn't leave my place until after 10 am, but I got there thinking about doing some breakfast, but as I checked out my three breakfast options ( Kelly O's, Deluca's and Pamela's )  there were lines outside of all three of my breakfast joints.  Opting to not be a Soviet citizen waiting for bread to be handed out to the masses, I went to Carhops instead and grabbed an early lunch.

It was my first visit, I kind of knew what to expect based on their signage and name, a sandwich shop with an auto theme.  I was not disappointed in my guesstimate.  So I grabbed a menu and all of their large sandwiches were like $20, mind you that is for two feet of sandwich.  As fat as I am, me pounding two feet of anything would be a stretch, so I got a small ( only one foot ) Cajun chicken and fries.  It was okay, nothing to write home about, or to write here about either, perhaps a little too much salt in the seasoning.  Imagine that, too much salt coming from the guy who crushes the blood pressure meter @ Giant Eagle.

Still I didn't rush through lunch, I had my book with me and it has been a long time since I sat down and read and relaxed over some food.  Amusement parks are about the only places I hate going alone, dinner or breakfast by myself doesn't faze me at all.  Nor does going to the movies by myself, then you get to see what you want without any distractions.  Concerts, usually most of my friends, if they even like the same artists as me ( a big if there ) are the types that want to get fucked up before a show.  I think that after I dropped serious coin to see something it might be nice if I remember it after the fact.  I guess I am a killjoy in that regard.

Okay, I am away from the pool now, though I have not changed out of my swimming trunks yet. And not the one I flashed the Pittsburgh Grand Prix with either, rather my green Hawaiian trunks.  I don't know why I like Hawaiian apparel so much, it looks positively garish on me, but then if you came to this blog looking for a GQ model, well " I've got some bad news for you."

I did sign up for my first fantasy football league today.  Yes that means you will be annoyed once again with details of my fantasy team's exploits.  It is a new league for me, one from the Pittsburgh Bloggers group on Facebook.  I have not received word from the league commissioner yet as to whether I have to maintain this little blog of mine ( I'm going to let it shine ) in order to remain in the league.  Not that I plan on stopping blogging, my being an annoyance to some warms the cockles of my heart, and that is good enough for me.

I finished the book I took to breakfast/lunch with me earlier.  Unread some at the pool, and when I got home from the pool.  Not too shabby, I started in on Friday and am already done.  It helps that I was looking forward to reading it, as opposed to my other book, that I have been working in for weeks now, but unable to find the energy to finish it.

I did see a dumpster diver on my way to my park bench tonight.  I told you this was prime diving season for us dumpster folk.  I wasn't looking for furniture or anything for my apartment, rather I snagged a Coke code off of a 30 pack of cans (25 Coke reward points there), but I am not sure what I want to get.  I saw there is a Keurig machine at 3500 points, but I am still in the 600s.  And there is a whole tier of prizes I haven't unlocked yet.  If anyone follows me on Twitter ( and if you do, may I ask why ? ) and sees a bunch of Coke related shit on my feed, it is simply me trying to get to gold status.

I have no use for Twitter, the only reason I signed up was to make better Coke prizes available.  Do I read like a person who can keep posts to 140 characters?  Hell, my farts are longer than that.  Twitter to me is for people who have a gnat like attention span.  Yes I know that certain "journalists" use it when breaking stories, and usually on Twitter they get shit wrong.  Take a deep breath, relax a little and get your shit straight.  Even if it does take more than 140 characters.

I am sitting on my bench listening to a Talk Is Jericho podcast, he is interviewing Dennis Haskins ( Mr. Belding "Saved by the Bell ).  I download a handful of podcasts to my tablet for such occasions, Talk is Jericho, Petros and Money, and MLW radio.  Enough stuff that my podcast feed updates regularly enough and anything is better than the blandness of Pittsburgh radio.

Well apparently I am not the only one with a park bench plan tonight.  Someone just came into the second park and took a seat a few benches down from me.  Mind you it is after ten at night.  There is that and there are three cars parked on the road behind me, but that could be because they are showing a movie over on Flagstaff Hill tonight.

I haven't looked in the mirror yet to see if I cooked my flesh while at the pool.  I think next time I go I am going to rub some garlic salt and pepper on my skin before I go, season myself up for the upcoming zombie apocalypse.

Anyway I have babbled enough and probably bored you to tears in the process, so I should head home and leave you fetch some Kleenexes to dry your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been