Monday, August 17, 2015

BH365V2.83 - Live through this

I knew this was going to happen.  I knew since Friday night about 5:30 or so when I was sitting in this very spot in the park.  Erin had shot me a message on Facebook, asking me where I had ordered her portobello sandwich from.  As I was typing back to her, my phone rang.  Silly me, I thought it was something important.  I looked at my phone and Brian had texted me a message.  It involved whether I screwed up the deposits, because they both ended up in the lottery account.  Truth be told it was my fuck up, then again my mind was elsewhere most of the day.  I also screwed up the weekend change order, because I have them there skills.  I was in the middle of typing a reply to the first text when the second one came in.  " So, how was you coffee date? "  I replied that it was just coffee, we chatted for a while then I walked Erin back to work, that's it.

Little did I realize I would need my number two pencil for work today, because I was being quizzed on the entire event.  Then again, me being seen in public with anyone of the female persuasion is a rarity like seeing Haley's comet.  So today it was like everyone in the office was living vicariously through me.  I put on the most boring spin possible, we just had coffee and talked, which is also the truth for anyone looking to live vicariously through me while reading this.  Ed asked if that was all, and I said what did you expect, for us to get naked and have sex in the coffee shop or something.  Erin was easy to talk to, though I think I talked to quickly, I have that tendency when I am nervous or somewhat so, I just start vomiting information out.  Not that anyone here would know anything about that, ask me anything and I am sure to vomit up volumes.  In fact there was one question she asked me, which I thought I didn't answer very well the first time, so I gave myself a do over and messaged her an answer to it a day later.

As I said a couple days ago, what she thought about it you would have to ask her, but the implied suggestion from my bosses that this was going to be something more than two people who like to blog hanging out and having coffee is absurd.  She is practically married for Pete's sake ( whoever the hell Pete is ).  Sorry, but when you live with someone and have started a family with them, then in my mental processing you are married, the paperwork is just a formality at that point.  Not that it would stop my father, but if there was one thing I learned from him in my 46 years on this planet, it is like the opposite George episode of Seinfeld, whatever my dad would do, do the exact opposite.  It has proven to be a much saner and simpler path over the long run.

2 comments:

  1. I never know what I'm going to find when I pop in here. I just always know it will be an interesting insight into other people's lives.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there is a lot of truth to what I wrote. The idea of me going anywhere with a female did send a certain shockwave through the office. Mind you they all bore witness to the crazy Canadian saga that played out in my life, so perhaps they viewed my coffee foray as jumping back into the dating pool, which it wasn't. I met Erin through a group on Facebook for Pittsburgh bloggers, and while there is lots of do it yourself type stuff, and crafts and family oriented blogs, I tend to gravitate to those people who grasp of the English language and intelligence makes me chuckle. Then it becomes a matter of trying to put myself in their situation, learning how their mind works. I would say running into her blog was the exact creative shot in the arm I needed for my own. I will not say who is funnier in their outlook on things, though if it were a contest she would say she is because she always like to win, a competitive streak we have in common, though she would be more likely to cheat than me. I asked her to do a guest post on here and after our coffee foray ( or as I was saying to downplay the occasion, palaver), she said she still owes me that guest post, so it is still on the agenda at some point, and she thought enough of my writing to let me scribble on her page while on vacation, my first ever guest blogging endeavor. That being said there are some things she still needs to explain to me, because I am old, lol, like what is this scene she talks about when she talks about music. I just don't grab the vernacular. Whatever the case, it was a matter of running into her at the right time because it gave me the kick in the ass this page sorely needed. I can only post so many hockey videos after all.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been