Thursday, August 20, 2015

B365v2.85 - Social larva

4:45 am, do you know where I am?  If you guessed doing laundry, you get a cookie.  Actually I was sitting at home, thinking I would take a day off of blogging, but once the motivation hit me to wash some clothes, I figured I might as well bring the tablet along to keep me company.

The social calendar keeps filling up.  Not sure how I got to be in such high demand.  Whatever the reason, I was playing around on Facebook the other day and.............sorry just became a little distracted there for a moment.  A drunk girl walked by across the street.  Remind me to never have kids, but a drunk girl walking alone, inebriated at almost 5 am, on the bad side of Blvd of the Allies is just asking for trouble.  I kept an eye on her till she got to where she was going ( I think), just in case someone might take advantage of such an opportunity.  I just don't get stupid people some times.   Anyway, as I was saying, I was on Facebook the other day and my friend Debbie shot me a message about doing lunch on Thursday, which for me to pull off means I need to drag my ass into work early enough that I have my shit done by noon.  I have known Debbie for 30 years now, and when I quiz you peeps later about which of my friends climbed through a bedroom window the first ever time I was having sex with someone, Debbie would be the answer to that question.  I should have taken it as a sign and stopped what I was doing, instead I endured two years of a bad relationship where we did the two F's very well ( fought and fucked ) and not much else.

See kids, I am a boatload of stories waiting to be told.  But she is bringing her kids down to Pittsburgh for a dental appointment and wanted to meet up.  Me being the anti social butterfly but    now all of a sudden social butterfly said sure.  I cleared it with my boss to duck out for a moment or three Thursday afternoon, so a lunching we will go.  Debbie and I never dated, though we were there for each other through some shitty times in relationships we both had.  And had we taken each other's advice during those times I am sure we would have been better off.

I am hoping these plans do not fall through, I have stuff in my desk at work for her.  A while back the bank that the store uses was selling tickets to the Pittsburgh Zoo, so I bought 4 of them, one for me and three for her and her kids.  I have already used my zoo ticket moons ago, but I would like to get her her tickets so this would seem to be a prime opportunity.  The zoo trip for me was part of my personal reclamation project, where I went all of the places I took the crazy Canadian, to build brand new Matt-centric memories in those locations.   There are still a few places on that list that I need to check off, the biggest of which being Kennywood Park.  The thing is as much as I brag about doing things on my own, whether that be going out, or to dinner or a movie, I can't do an amusement park solo.  So at some point I am going to have to find someone cool to hang out with and get the bitter taste of that place off of my mental palate.  And trust me, it was bitter.  A day of bitching and whining, with intermittent rain showers thrown in for good measure.  And as soon as we left the sun came out, which just irked me even more.  When I go to an amusement park, I want to be there all day, otherwise why by an all day ride pass.  We got there about 11 am and left by 4 pm, just to shut her up.   So anyone that I do go with, the bar is set really low in topping that disastrous encounter.

Ow, I have this zit or something on the back of my neck.  The thing is I always where my keys around my neck and the strap keeps rubbing into it.  It is one of those annoying pain type things, as opposed to a torn ACL or something far more serious.

Anyway, as for my social butterflyishness so far, I went to the Pirate game with Sammy and his girlfriend Lisa and her two daughters on Wednesday.  They asked me if I wanted to bring anyone, they had an extra ticket if I did, but baseball is one of those things I can do solo, and I didn't want to impose on their ticket allotment, I didn't know how many they had.  Turns out they had like ten that weren't being used.  They got them through a charity walk they did earlier this year, they must have had like 20 tickets, but since the tickets weren't mine to begin with, I felt a little squeamish about asking for more than one.

The Pirates won 4-1, making them 5-0 in games I went to this year.  Now if I just went to all of the games they would never lose.

I am thinking I need a crack habit.  All of the fucked up guys I see downtown, and there are plenty of them, seem to have women.  And quite a few of these women would be really attractive if they too would get off of the crack.  So I am thinking if I ever find that this McCauley Caulkin thing I have going on is just a little too much, all I need to pick up chicks is to be a junkie.  Then again, Caulkin's life pretty much hit the skids too and he never complains about pulling a Matt Pritt every night.  Just saying is all.  But me and drugs don't mix.  Check that, me and some drugs don't mix.  Marijuana does nothing for me besides give me a headache.  But me and cocaine, that my friends is a dangerous pairing.  I have only done it twice, but both times I came out in the back end of it feeling fabulous.  Then again, people that know me, know that I am a high strung type of person most of the time, feeding me an upper like cocaine just has my head going a mile a minute.

Okay, laundry is almost done so I might as well wrap this up.  I still have to go home and then caffeine up for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been