Sunday, August 9, 2015

B365v2.76 - Magical scrotums and other things

I made it back to my bench finally.  I would have worked on my blog on Saturday, but I went into work late ( the power of management is setting your own hours ) and until I got done it was 11:30pm.  I stopped by the back up spot in Mellon Square, but no blogging ideas were forthcoming, though I did learn that Starbucks doesn't shut off their wifi, even when they are closed, so I sat there and did some reading and plaged some MPQ.

As for Sunday, I have done next to nothing and it feels wonderful.  I went to sleep late last night, like 5 am or so and when my cell phone alarm went off at 5:45 I was tempted to get up and go out for breakfast.  Instead I just ate a couple of donuts from work that were going to be thrown out ( we get new donuts every day from Donut Connection ) so I ate a couple of Boston Cremes ( my favorite ) and then put my head back down on the pillow and fell back to sleep.   Until 9 am when I woke up briefly, saw nothing was going on and went back to sleep again until 3 pm.   Then I puttered around the apartment, ate a couple more donuts  ( glazed, not nearly as cool ) played some more MPQ, where I got my 4000 season points and my ten pack of cards ( 3 were useful,a 4 * invisible woman, a 3 star blade and a 3 star squirrel girl ).  I finished the second Vachss book I ordered and I saw on Amazon the next book I want to buy.  I could have preordered it today, but I will wait and see if I can't add more gift cards to my account before buying anything new.  I have about $16 in my Amazon account, which would buy the book but not pay for the shipping.

Speaking of gift cards, I mentioned a few entries back that I am doing another of those blog giveaway things, all I asked was where the title of a specific entry came from.  Well the prize has been ordered by me, it is a $25 Amazon gift card.  See, this blog can be like dumpster diving, every once in a while you get free shit. But only the first person that gets it right wins the prize, the rest of you suffer for being so slow.

Anyway, onto other things.  Since I was not abducted by Tanuki or his followers the other night, I spent some time on Google reading up on him.  Did you know that as well as being a trickster, Tanuki has a magical scrotum?  I didn't until I started reading up on him, he can stretch it into the shape of a boat, or a cape or whatever.  Just my luck on the week I find that Tanuki's followers are spying me in the park, my nemesis has a magical scrotum and I have the ass of a
14 year old girl.  Thank you Internet for filling my head with more useless knowledge.

Speaking of useless knowledge, I got a refresher course in why I am glad to no longer be doing political talk radio anymore.  There was a big hullabaloo regarding the Fox News Republican debate, when one of the moderators, Megan Kelly, asked the front runner to this point, Donald Trump, about some of the misogynistic comments he made in the past and whether those are the types of thing that should be spewed forth from a person running for President.  Of course he made a joke at first and his sheeple  clapped along ( embarrassing enough if your core constituency consists of people who think so little of women ), afterward he doubled down on his stupidity suggesting that maybe Megan was having her period, and belittling the efforts of the moderators.  Now I am not, nor have I ever been a fan of cable news, they all have there own brands of suckage, but Kelly's question was a legitimate one.  Of course Trump's sycophants were quick to slam her, but then some Democrats started doing the same, suggesting she was doing the bidding of her Republican masters.  Mind you, these are the same people that if Katie Couric or Gwen Ifill had asked that question, well then these people would have fondled themselves until they came.   I really have come to hate the radicalized bastards on both sides of the political aisle at this point.

I miss the night sky at home.  Tonight is supposed to be one of the better nights for seeing the Perseid meteor shower.  Unfortunately the night sky gets washed out quite a bit when living in the city, not that there aren't some stars visible, but back home in a night like tonight the sky would be brilliant with stars and just sitting under them is one of those things that helps keep me grounded.  Right about now that would be a good thing, what with everything that has gone right the last couple of weeks, from guest writing on a blog to winning $1000 on a scratch off ticket, catching a winning baseball game Friday night,  it would seem my mojo is back.  Even Saturday at work I put  a $5 bill in the ticket machine and won another $50.

I am not sure how long this run of good luck, karma, kismet is going to last.  Feel free to label it what you wish, I just know that, with something to look forward to this Friday ( more on that later )  I am hoping to keep the good mojo in effect for a at least 5 more days.  I do that sometimes, throw a little something off into the future so I have something to look forward to, or work towards.

Haven't seen any shooting stars yet, not surprising, with me sitting almost under a street light, and the city all aglow with the baseball game taking place and now there is a fireworks display going off behind me, it sound like it is in the direction of Shadyside.  Plus my glasses have been known to play tricks on me, where if I turn my head too quickly a streak of light will bounce off the lenses or frames, looking an awful lot like a shooting star.

Oh well I should wrap this up, not much more to show or tell on this front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been