Tuesday, August 25, 2015

B365V2.91 - Christmas in August (Hopefully)

The blinking cursor on the screen is taunting me again.  It is saying, fuck you, I know you have nothing to say but I am just going to sit here and keep blinking until you actually type something.  But today was pretty much an uneventful day.

Work went about as smoothly as a Monday can, now that Ed added another order day for me to the schedule. Thankfully that order doesn't have to be in until 6pm, so it waited until I have everything else done before I placed it.  Not that I ever need much on Monday to begin with, I place an order on Saturday that comes in on Monday so the only things I could possibly need are whatever we may have sold out of between Saturday when I placed the last order and Monday, provided I didn't order those missing things on Saturday to begin with.  It is basically an exercise in futility, but as I often say at work, "it's another fine day serving the Empire."  I really do need to get that one a T shirt, preferably with the visage of a stormtrooper.

Still waiting on my hockey tickets, though single game sales haven't even started yet and the game I am going to isn't until December.  I am just far more comfortable with tickets in hand than to be at the whims of others.  I shouldn't worry though, in theory 7 Up owes us the seats, based on our contract with them.  All I have to do is keep Ed from pissing them off between now and December and we should be good to go.  We have already pissed Pepsi off, so there goes my chance of scoring tickets for the Steelers, Stage AE or Kennywood for the foreseeable future.  Thankfully they haven't done anything with the Pepsirewardsplus account.  Check that, I can't get that to work either.  "Fuck me, bend me over and fuck me."  I quoted that because that is another line I am fond of using at work, either that or "Bend me over, ride me like a carousel."  I think you get that they both mean the same thing.

Anyway, provided 7 Up comes through, and they most likely will (but this is hockey and hockey > life) the view from the seats will look like this
Yes, they have little TV monitors every other seat, so you can watch different in house feeds or you can watch regular cable TV if you so desire (though why would you watch TV at a hockey game?) and provided Brian McGee is there (he almost always is) then 7 Up pays for everything, But even if he isn't, it's not like I am going to turn down hockey because I have to buy my own nachos and Labatts.  Hell you don't even have to go and get it in the box, they have servers bring it to you.  All you have to do is sit up there all Emperor of Rome like and offer a thumbs down to anyone you want fed to the lions.
There, I found a picture on Facebook of the view from the seats as opposed to the artist rendering of said seats.  I am so geeked for this game.  December can't get here soon enough.  Hell, I may even call it a Christmas present to myself.  Besides, as I learned from yesterday's post, pictures increase blog traffic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been