Sunday, August 16, 2015

B365v2.82 - Tanuki time

I don't knows if it is muggy out or if I just sweat a lot when I walk, but I am back on my bench here in Schenley, figuring if I bang out an entry then I will have gotten something done today.  It is getting dark out but not too late, the picnickers are still packing up there things from the pavilion.  Technically they are supposed to be gone by 9 pm, here it is 9:18.  I suppose if I wanted to be like that dick who called the cops on me for smoking a cigarette, but fuck it.  Who else is going to use the pavilion after 9 pm.  They can hang out as long as they like.

Tanuki time is on, I just saw my first raccoon sitting here.  Picnics mean good eats in the garbage can apparently, but he spotted me and scurried back across the street.   That is a shame, I brought a peace offering between me and the raccoon God this evening, some meatballs from Groceria Merante.  Not worried though, he will be back.  There will be too much food in the trash cans to let little old me scare them off.

I am proud to say I did absolutely nothing of merit today.  I played some MPQ, slept, though I went to bed after 5 am, so sleeping seemed like a good idea, then I went about planning my vacation, the one that I will never take, but planning it none the less.  I figure if I wait until Feb, then the store will owe me two weeks of vacation time ( technically 13 days ) which I will buy back all at once for a 6 day vacation and 7 extra days of coin to spend.  I did the online portion of my passport application and saved it, got the money all saved away for the filing fee and for the first time in a long time it feels like I am working towards something very positive.  Heck I even got an estimate for the hotel I want to stay.  I checked the average temperature around that time of year,all of the local amenities, dare I say I am almost planning something.  So I guess I haven't been completely useless today.

Uh oh, it sounded like a Tanuki fight in the woods right across from my bench.  Either that or they captured a jogger on the trail in the woods, though I didn't hear any cries for help.  Not that I have a courageous bone in my body, you fuck with the raccoon God, you get what you deserve.  Instead I broke up a meatball and threw the parts towards the woods, the offering has been made.   Of course being masters of disguise and illusion, Tanuki could be anywhere.  Hell the bench I am sitting on could be a tanuki and I wouldn't know until he shapeshifted and I fell on my ass.

I think I dug myself out of my two day long funk I was in, perhaps vacation planning helped my mood somewhat.  Okay, everyone left the pavilion, I once again have the park all to myself.

I took a couple of minutes just to go through a promo guide for work, things that we order in advance that we get special pricing on.  Turns out one of the pages in the August guide is to pitch Easter candy to me, or as I call it Zombie Jesus day.  If I offend anyone of a religious bent, guess what?  I don't care.  Tell me how he is not a zombie, he was dead and he rose from the dead.  Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Okay, I tossed the last of the meatballs, nothing has come creeping out of the woods.  They really don't know what they are missing, Merante meatballs are muy tasty.

Oh well, I should make my way home, my live audience is gone and I have invoices to do yet tonight so I can turn them over to the accountant in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been