Saturday, August 8, 2015

B365V2.75 - Tanuki sacrifices

So nice to be here this Friday afternoon,even if I don't post this blog until after the baseball game later on tonight.  Just sitting here minding my ps and qs in Mellon Square, though I almost wasn't here.

I went to the park late last night looking for blogging inspiration but none came.  The only thing that did come were raccoons, 4 in all.  Thankfully they didn't carry me off and offer me up as a human sacrifice to their raccoon God.  That wouldn't have been a fitting end to my day.  Instead they meandered back off into the woods, which was fine with me and I went back to reading my book.  Not sure how long I sat there just reading but when I got home the clock said 1:30 am, so I guess if I were a Native American my name would be "Strange White Man Who Haunts City Parks" or some such nonsense.
                                                     Kneel before the raccoon god!!!!!!


I am finding this to be an attractive spot for girl watching today.  I could earn my Boy Scout Asshole merit badge if I were wearing a hard hat and making cat calls at all the women, but I don't need no stinking badge.

I am supposed to meet up with my baseball partners in crime around 5 ish, so I still have some time to kill.  I hate those days where I do not have time enough to go home, but more than enough to wait around.

So I asked Ed about the Republican debate last night, I myself didn't watch it, if anyone would have asked why I would have said I had to wash my hair or some such nonsense.  But Ed is an unabashed conservative and Fox News junkie and he came away unimpressed with any of them.  Personally, I couldn't give two shits about a debate for an election that is a year and a half off, this is just more noise to fill the 24/7 news void than it is anything of substance.

Okay I am back, the game is over, the glog is done.  It sucked by the way, not the game but the glog did.  What I tried to do was set up an entry and publish it and then keep doing updates to it.  Except Google makes scrolling down on a long blog entry impossible after a point when using a tablet, so it turned into two entries, which was bad enough.  What was worse was that I went to the game with some coworkers and former coworkers.  Two of them leave for the bathroom, only one returns, the other was kicked out of the park for some reason that I have yet ascertain.  Later I am feeling like I need to pee, like really need to pee.  Perhaps it was the three cups of coffee I had during the day, or the large soda I drank while walking to the stadium, thus nullifying any health benefit from the walk itself, or maybe it was the two overpriced Yuenglings I had in the stadium, whatever the reason my bladder was telling me it's time.

I once heard a rumor, I do not know if it is true or not because I am not female, that stated that if two women live together long enough they get on the same cycle, and not a bicycle built for two.  Anyway I think the same thing was happening with my bladder and every other guy in the stadium because the line to the bathroom was way long, and I was doing that happy shift from one foot to the other dance that guys do when they really have to pee.  I though about peeing out one of the stairwells onto the street, that's how bad I had to go, but I didn't want to be the second person from our party ejected from the premises, so instead I just kept hopping from one foot to the other until a urinal opened up.  I swear when I was done I felt five pounds lighter.

So I get back to my seat and find I missed an inning where the Dodgers scored to take the lead.    That sucks when you are trying to live glog an event and you miss the actual action.

Then the game ran late, so the other two people with me had to leave.  I wasn't going anywhere at that point, it was a tie game late, I was going to see this through.  Glad I did too, since we won and the Pirates are now 4-0 in games I have attended this season.

Oh, another bad thing was we showed up late to the stadium, not late to miss any of the action but late enough that we didn't get our free T shirts from free T shirt Friday.  We did get a free Chik Fil A sandwich though, since the Pirates turned a double play in the Chik Fil A inning.

So after the game I walked back to work to pick up my +1 bag of wholesome goodness, which I left locked up in the office rather than take it to the game and I realized all I had to eat all day was a jalapeño dog, so I grabbed a kielbasa at work, scarfed it down quickly, then hopped a bus back to Oakland.  This is when normal people call it a day and go to bed, but I am not normal people.  Instead I went to McDonalds and got what they have that passes for food ( my stomach will regret that decision in the morning ) then I took the long walk from central Oakland to my blogging bench, passing by mine and Hope's spot.  At least I call it that, she probably never gave it a name.  I thought about blogging there, it is a good spot for my creative energies to work, but I didn't want to get all caught up thinking about the past.  Instead I came back to the relative tranquility of my bench, I tossed some French fries into the street behind me to appease the raccoon God  Tanuki and one of his servants came out and ate all of the fries that I dropped ( yes kids we have video ) and funny thing is I looked it up online and there is a Japanese raccoon dog God.  See even when I am joking there is a glimmer of truth to it.  If I hear Carl Douglas start singing I am getting the fuck out of here though.   ( Please tell me I don't have to explain that one.  Pretty please. )

I have my book with me again, I got some reading done on the bus on the way to work, some in Mellon Square park after work and I am hoping to get some reading done here tonight as well.

Okay I am home now, it is 2:13am and I am tired so I am going to call it a night and get some shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been