Friday, August 14, 2015

B365V2.80 - Dancing in the dark, walking through the park and palavering

So I sat in the park for a while, thinking I should write something but with no words spilling forth into the page.  Nada, nothing, zip.  Which is odd, because things definitely happened today, but finding a way to wrap my head around them was another matter.

For instance, today was Ed's birthday, actually it is tomorrow but we celebrated it at work today.  So we had cake ( not just cake, but Prantl's cake ), I got him a $25 Barnes and Noble GC so he can go and buy more of the mafia books he likes.  Or whatever he wishes.  Speaking of gift cards, the giveaway is on around these parts, so if anyone can answer the question from a few blogs back, the first one to get it right gets $25 of cold hard Amazon cash, so get cracking on that whippersnappers.  You have 7 days until I have to just get rid of it.

Today was also the day I met Erin from Oh Honestly Erin for coffee.  While it made for all kinds of ribbing in the office, after all people do not see me and females together at the same time in the same place very often, I tried valiantly to downplay whatever it was they were expecting, mostly by raising my voice and saying "ITS JUST COFFEE!!!"  Not that I wasn't looking forward to it, I most certainly was.  The idea of connecting with someone with a shared passion for blogging ( and a similar mindset about its importance ) and trying to wrap my head around what makes then tick is an interesting intellectual exercise for me.  Admittedly I have a rather small circle of friends, and even smaller one of friends that I go out with for things like coffee and just talk so if this was a step in that direction, that is a cool thing in my book.

I can't speak for if Erin enjoyed our palaver or not  ( Facebook people will get that joke from my status this morning ), but I knew she was giving up her lunch break so I bought her some lunch and brought it with me to the coffee shop.  Trying to find vegetarian food that is passable by a meatatarian like myself is no easy task.  But having lived in Pittsburgh long enough, I have a good enough idea of where to get good food, so it was just a matter of getting a vegetarian option off of their menu.  I picked a portobello sandwich, which I found out later was pretty good ( she took it back to work rather than eat in front of me ) and I brought a piece of Ed's birthday cake for dessert, because who doesn't like Prantl's cake.  Besides her birthday was in the not too distant past, she was on vacation when it occurred I believe, so birthday cake seemed like an appropriate dessert.

Like I said though, I don't know what she thought, she could think I am a CSG ( thanks for that abbreviation Pam ), though I didn't go all Bill Cosby and roofie her sandwich.  Perhaps that is why she waited to eat till she got back to work.  Stop overthinking things Matt.  Bad habit of mine, which you all know.

Anyway, that is today in a nutshell.  Now go about winning some Amazon cash, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been