Friday, August 28, 2015

B365V2.95.- TGIF

I can't explain, and I am really not sure I wasn't to.  I just know I went to sleep last night shortly after my trip to the park and posting my blog entry and I slept rather peacefully.  This is not the norm, usually I am up and down a couple of times a night.  But whatever was happening, and I remember nothing about my dream, I woke up happy, if somewhat irked that what woke me up was the phone, work calling to ask me about an order to be, but whatever it was I was dreaming about, the only feeling I can recall was that it was somewhat funny, like I was laughing a lot.

And it felt pretty good I must admit, been a little while since I was in that frame of mind.  With that mindset I crawled back into bed for another hour, then got up and got about the business of tackling the day.  

Everything at work went off like clockwork, just how things are supposed to go.  And now, rather than think about big things I am sitting here feeding birds potato chips and typing, just trying to keep my focus as narrow as possible and remain in this good mental place as long as is possible.  It is one of those days where I am glad I don't work in radio, because God knows the jabbering would have been all about gun control again.  You know the party line around these parts, dead people are just the cost of doing business.  I've said it after Sandy Hook, after VA Tech, after the Giffords shooting and now after the shooting of a reporter on live TV, dead people are just the cost of doing business.  For those that think the NY Daily News was tasteless for their cover the other day, which included images from the shooters body camera that he posted online shorty after his rampage, well I am sorry the world isn't sanitized for your protection.  Images such as those need to be everywhere and not censored, just so that we may someday get a better understanding of just how far down the rabbit hole we have already gone.  None of this out of sight, out of mind cramp that we peddle as being sensitive, the images the NY Daily News ran on their cover need to be plastered on billboards everywhere, at least until we get a clue that we are the only nation that puts up with this shit.

Radio would have made for a very easy three hours today, but it would have just been the same repetitive drumbeat of nonsense that it always is.  Thanks but no thanks, I will stick with my current job.

Speaking of the current job, Ed is leaving next week sometime.  He broke the news to me today, he is headed back to Florida for the winter.  Last year at this particular moment I was nervous and doubting my ability to run things, but now not so much.  I will miss Ed, but I have no doubt that I can run this place by myself if I have to, though I am sure Brian will be more hands on once his dad leaves.  Plus without Ed I will have to work more hours, which means more money for vacation and getting the hell out of here.  I have got about 1/5 of the money put away I think I will need, of course I haven't paid for my passport application yet, or my passport photo for that matter.  I figure I have time for that stuff, tenatively I would like to go in Feb, missing a week in Pittsburgh in winter is not a bad thing after all.  I would just have to train someone to do what I do in my absence.  

The only problem I see with a vacation is what I would call the " cocaine" problem, once I get a taste of not being here I will not want to come back.   I managed to not develop a cocaine habit, not because of any particular health reason, but simply because I would see it costing me too much money long term.  Otherwise I would be a junkie.  I admit it, it felt awesome.


At some point remind me to retell the cocaine story, just not today because I have prattled on long enough.  Time for me to go home and make something to eat. 

I almost forgot to mention that the former home of the 110 (Smithfield employees drinking bar of choice because it was right across the street from us) is about to become a Mexican restaurant.  I suppose it would be too much to ask the gods that control such things for a return of the Sexican as well?  Dare to dream, Matt, dare to dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been