Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 98 - Coming to a close

          Thankfully we are getting to the point where I will only be focusing on one store, one of the licenses needed for finalizing the transfer of ownership has been sent to Gus Miller's, now all I need is for the lottery license to be finalized and my work there will be done.  Most likely our people will be out of there this week, I hope that this will be my last week there as well.  Of course I have already got about the business of pissing people off at Smithfield, not that I necessarily want to, but at some point the business has to be more than simply a social occasion for its employees.  I honestly don't care what the employees do outside of work, never have and never will, but when on the clock it is my responsibility to see things  get done and rules are followed and if people don't like that then fuck them. 

     Ed will be in tomorrow, it will be interesting to see what he has to say about the store and the changes that have taken place since he left, the new lottery machine is now up and running, the register system is getting ever closer to running like a well oiled machine, I have taken the last two Sundays I have been there to get two entire sections of the store priced checked and loaded in, now I just need to stay on top of new items coming in and adding them and continue to trim down the number of items that do not scan until there are none left.  I am almost seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on that project.

    Oh well, I guess I will find out how much I have screwed up the last 6 months come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been