Sunday, April 6, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 96 - I didn't realize and no one told me

     I hesitate to do too much thinking if I do not have to, the less I use my brain the happier I am, but I did decide to do a little math this evening and I realized that this project is 1/4 of the way done.  If the goal is simly to post a new entry every day for a year then technically I passed that point on day number #92.  I am not sure that will be the goal of this project mind you, if I like blogging enough then it may just become an everyday thing out of habit.  I will not make any promises yet, we still have almost 75% of the year to go but I can say a couple of things up to this point.

     The blogging isn't tiresome, it isn't always great but it isn't tiresome.  If anything my life makes blogging harder than it should be, ideas I come up with end up getting lost because I think of them and then forget them before I ever get a chance to write anything down.  Let's not kid anyone, there has been a lot on my plate the last few weeks as well, preparing for and executing the transfer of ownership of our one location has seen 60 hour work weeks become the norm and not the exception.  By the time I get home, while blogging isn't the last thing I want to do, it isn't the first either.  Things I want to do become a lot less enjoyable when they are crammed in amongst deadlines for everything else.  I would love a day where I could just sit down and write at my own pace, or do anything at my own pace, rather than be so exhausted  when I get home that even the things that I want to do are either hurried or left by the wayside just because I am too tired to be bothered with them.  I cram my reading into bus rides to and from work, my social activities between work shifts and even the blog usually gets jammed in somewhere between an evening nap and when I should be getting ready for bed. 

     Even now as I typed it is only after I came home from work, made dinner and then napped for an hour, if it weren't for this blog I very well might have just remained in bed and slept straight on through till morning, but because I view this project as something of an obligation I am up, banging away on the keys, trying to make some sense of it all.  I know I genuinely like doing this, sometimes though I just have a lack of mental energy required to do it well, resulting in just going through the motions, much like I am doing right now. 

     Anyway, Act I is complete, with II, III and IV to go.  Hopefully it will get better as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been