Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 100 - 100 down, 265 to go

     Just settling in for a bit, I want to run out and do laundry later but I like to go late at night when nobody is there, less fighting for machines and because they have cable TV there I can pretty much watch what I want , which is also nice.  Not much new to report today, I did finish my second David Thorne books the other day, it is sitting on the bookshelf to the right.  The only thing I can say about his books are you will either find them funny, or you will find hm to be a smart ass, for the record I found him funny, though I do wonder how he kept his job as long as he did.   I have already been on Amazon to order my next batch o' books, four more should arrive sometime this week, then I can get back into a reading routine.

     I also go my free t shirt today.  I have become a pretty big fan of the TV show "The Profit", which airs Tuesday nights on CNBC.  Of course since I do not have cable, I wait until Wednesday and the shows will either pop up on Hulu or I can catch them off of the CNBC website.  After the show airs they give away free t shirts to the first 100 people that sign up for them on his Facebook page.  I waited around a few weeks back and sat here until 11pm (the show starts at 10pm) and made sure I was one of the first ones to try and get one, and sure enough I succeeded.  Today when I got home there was a black padded envelope above my mailbox from CNBC and inside was my brand new "People + Process + Product" t shirt, which I am sure I will be wearing at work tomorrow because I am a geek like that.

     Ed asked me the other day to take a day off of work, he said that he would pay me for it but that he wants me to take a day just so I don't burn out.  I don't know if the issue for me is burning out so much as it is just a level of frustration.  That being said I haven't decided if I will take him up on the offer or not, we are still tied to the other store for the time being and while my paperwork has shrunk considerably for the time being, there are certain tasks which I am probably the only one who knows how to perform, like doing the ordering and adding items and adjusting prices in the register system.  He did get me off this Sunday, which is nice because 20 days in a row is probably enough for anyone, myself included.  Still the extra hours have made for some nice paychecks, if I keep this up I might actually be able to squirrel away a shekel or two.

     Oh well, I better get to some sort of functional state here, I need to start sorting laundry so I have something to wear in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been