Thursday, April 17, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 107 - Never better

     I will say one thing about this week, the more days that pass it would seem the sicker I get.  I hope I will be better by Saturday, I really don't want to miss the hockey game because I am sick, but that might be a possibility at this point if my downward progression continues.

     Our 7 Up rep came in on Wednesday and met with Ed and gave Ed three tickets to the game, Dee got two of them for her and her boyfriend, Ed gave me the other one, though I am not sure why.  I think the only thing I can take from Ed's week back from Florida is that he and I are at a point where we are working at cross purposes and I just don't see how this is going to work for much longer into the future.  Thankfully he will be gone for roughly another month ad a half, I should probably spend that time fixing my resume and looking elsewhere for employment because I can't see me surviving log term in a atmosphere where there are two sets of rules, a set for the people Ed likes and a set for those he doesn't.  I need to be able to go in have a standard that we all have to work by and know that I will have some support when someone deviates from that standard, not stand around with my hands tied knowing I can't do anything.  It just isn't worth that level of aggravation to continue to operate in such a manner.

     All of this came to a head this week when I told Ed as much, and in a not so polite fashion.  I pretty much expected that at some point this week I would end up getting fired, so I don't know why he would give me a ticket to Saturday's playoff game.  It almost feels like one of those parting gifts for a contestant on a game show.  At least a hockey ticket is better than a year's supply of Rice A Roni or Turtle Wax. 

     I am sure being sick this entire week hasn't helped my frame of mind at all, it is like I am fighting a war on two fronts, at work and with my own body just trying to keep myself upright and functional.  I don't know how many times today I was greeted with the phrase "Matt you sound awful." as if I didn't already know that.  I even tried napping when I got home from work, only to wake up and feel even worse than when I went to sleep.  The downward spiral continues.

     I am going to turn in, maybe read my book and drink some more OJ and cough some more.  I have that coughing thing down to a science at this point.

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been