Sunday, April 27, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 117 - Doing things

     This is one of those days where I probably did not accomplish much from the outside looking in, you would not be able to come into my apartment for instance and say I spent the day cleaning because I did not.  Nonetheless it was a good and productive day for me.  I slept in, a rarity for me to be sure, until 11am, then puttered around the apartment for a couple of hours, getting caught up on emails and what not before going out for a while and spending some time in the park reading my book.  The thing about sitting down and just reading for me is that it provides a nice form of escapism, it focuses my mind on something besides my life, which as anyone who has read this blog in any form over the last couple of weeks would realize I am not all that happy with.  So going to the park and sitting on my bench and reading some from my current book selection (it will show up on the shelf next door as soon as I finish it) was good for me.  The fact is was sunny and somewhat warm probably helped matters in that regard, as while reading is enjoyable for me, it is far less enjoyable if I am outside and it is cold, raining or snowing for obvious reasons.

I got back from my parkish foray and hopped on the computer and did a job application.  I was on Monster.com again since I have my resume saved there, and unlike than some of my previous submissions on that site which were little more than forwarding my existing resume along, this was one where I actually had to do something resembling an honest to goodness application.  Which was fine with me, I think that brought me up to 6 or 7 jobs I have applied for this week alone. 

Not wanting such a nice Sunday to go to waste, after taking a nap I got up and decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood so I popped on my headphones and just strolled around the streets aimlessly for an hour or so, taking in some more of the sun and what not before deciding to come back home.

I got back in and went back on Monster.com again, did another application, this one included a 100+ question assessment so I filled it out while I brewed some iced tea and ruminated over what I should make for dinner.  I got the assessment done, so far it says that I have passed that portion of whatever it is their application process is, so now I guess we wait and see what comes of it.  That's okay, I can wait.  Patience is a virtue after all and I should try being virtuous once in a while.

Now I just have to figure this dinner thing out and my day will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been