Saturday, April 19, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 109 - Game night

Getting ready for the hockey game tonight, I am actually doing laundry first because most of my Pittsburgh Penguins apparel needs washed.  I was going to do this last night but a combination of sickness and laziness has me here at the laundrymat today instead.  I have already been into work, I am still doing a good portion of the heavy lifting for Gus Millers even though we don't own that store anymore.  I went in this morning and did the lottery machines again because that license still hasn't transferred yet and while I was there Esam gave me another tobacco order to place for him.  Till I got a list of everything he needed, looked up the item numbers and prices for all of it and then actually sent the order in it was probably 2 hours out of a 4 hour day that I spent on nonsense where we will make no money.

     That wasn't the only reason I went in of course, I had our grocery order to do as well. I did my groceries and Belinda gave me a tobacco order to put in but the deli didn't bother giving me an order so Monday they won't get anything.  I have better things to do with my time than everyone else's jobs.

     I do feel a little better today, perhaps I am on the backside of whatever bug it is I have.  My voice is still very gravely and my nose starts running the minute I blow it, but in the land of Matt this would be a marked improvement over where I was even 24 hours ago.  Maybe it was a good idea to wait to do laundry and just rest last night.

      Well this is an interesting development, my friend George popped in to do laundry as well.  George is the guy with whom I used to take turns running our fantasy football league up until this past year so he and I haven't had much of a chance to talk recently.  Meanwhile I pulled my laundry from the washer to the dryer so I have about 30 minutes left before I can head home, grab a shower and get ready to head out.

     Sorry about that, I got all chatty and stuff.  It actually was good to spend some time talking about things other than work.  Even things I have little interest in, like fantasy baseball, were a welcome respite at this point if for no other reason than it wasn't work.  Now I have a couple of minutes to relax and then go get ready, so I think I am going to take advantage of that and maybe nap for 30 minutes.   After that, well it's a hockey night in Pittsburgh, or so I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been