Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 106 - A watched pot........

     It is getting late and I am just now starting dinner.  I could have started it earlier, but most of this week I have been struggling with some crazy cold/flu like symptoms and when I got home from work today it was all I could do to keep from falling asleep.  The last few days have been a mix of waking up and feeling better than the night before, getting out the door and usually by the time I get to doing the lottery machines at Gus Miller's the sweating starts.  That continues throughout the day, regardless of where I am, when I am in a cooler place I feel warm, when I am in a warm place I feel hot.  I push through that for about 8 hours and then come home where I feel cold, in part because my heat is off right now (not sure why that is, I may have to call the landlord), so I huddle under blankets and cough and wheeze a lot while trying to keep my nose from being so clogged up that my face hurts.

     I am trying to make a lasagna, not sure if I will be successful or not but given my relative skill at making that dish in the past I like my chances.  I sucked down two bottles of Nantuket Nectars orange juice when I got home, it is probably my favorite OJ when that is what I want to drink.  Not sure why, I think I just like the glass bottles more than anything else, because if I were ever put in a blindfolded taste test I doubt I could tell the difference.  I know with the way I feel now I almost certainly could not. 

     I did get my most recent Amazon order on Monday, 4 more books, two fiction and two non fiction.  Both fiction books are just to add to my Robert Patterson "Spenser" collection, the two non fiction are a recap of the 2012 Presidential election and a book n the lead up to World War I, a time in history that I know very little about so, depending on how it is written, I might find very enjoyable.  There are certain authors in that category tht can take some of the most mundane topics and make them interesting, such as David McCullough who made the Panama Canal an interesting topic to read about.  I should get more of his books, I have only read a handful to this point and there are others like his novel on the Brooklyn Bridge that I wouldn't mind getting into someday. 

     I should note here that while I am trying to blog every day, there may be a chance of a late entry on Saturday.  I will still try to get in here before the midnight hour is upon us, but I have a ticket to go see game 2 of the Penguins - Blue Jackets Stanley Cup playoff game and while I think it will be over in time, the trick will be getting home afterward.  With 17-18,000 in the building and probably another 5000 or so outside watching it on the big screen set up outside the arena, it will be a nightmare to get home afterward, unless the game is a blowout one way or the other, in which case some people will leave early.

     Well I better get back to the kitchen, lasagna does not make itself.  If it did then I might have it more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been