Friday, April 18, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 108 - Trade ins

Another day of being sick, though today was different in that instead of waking up and having a stuffed up nose and problems breathing, I was instead cursed with my sore throat being as worse than it has been all week, with the added bonus of waking up all achy and sore.  Now achy and sore are great if the night before you had some incredible sex, but when the only thing you did was sleep, it isn't quite as enjoyable.

I even cut the work day short, I left by 2:30 when usually I am there until 3:30 or 4 o'clock at least.  I just wasn't getting any better, in fact I was feeling worse the longer I was there, sweating a lot and not able to break the trend of being too hot one minute and too cold the next.  I really can't remember the last time I was this sick.

I did see Ed again today, he was in the store before Brian took hm to the airport to catch his flight to Florida.  He was going over some things he wanted done, some vendors that would be coming in with racks and some stuff on the sales floor he wanted moved around.  I nodded along and agreed with everything, if I am there I am sure I will do what needs done, just not sure how much longer I want to be there.  Redoing my resume at this point is probably in my best interest, and it isn't like people haven't asked me previously about wanting me to work for them instead, so there are other options that may need looking into as well.

Pat of me doesn't want to go, I certainly have worked far worse jobs in the past and for the most part I like the description of my job, but the description doesn't match the reality of it where my title holds me up for  certain amount of responsibility but no actual authority to do anything.  The definition of insanity is to continue to do the same thing and expect a different result, so I am not thinking things will ever change, no matter how much I want them do, or how much Brian wants them to for that matter, as long as we have this class system in place where the rules only apply to certain people then I am just wasting my time.  Last I checked I will be 45 in a couple of months, even if I live to a ripe old age 1/2 of my life is over, I don't need to be wasting the second half of it on things that consume my time with no discernible benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been