Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 114 - #notwinning

I actually had a plan, a relatively simple one.  I was going to work tomorrow, my normal shift, come home and take a nap and then go back tomorrow night on the overnight shift.  I figured that way I could spend some serious time getting stuff into the register system that was not already loaded in.  I have days where I will get a section or two done, but then  something pulls me away and I never really get to just have some time where all I do is work on the registers.  Friday night was going to be that night.  That was until Ed called today and just happened to mention that he wanted me there Saturday afternoon, because that is when he scheduled the ATM guy to come in and move our existing ATM machine.  You know, because I don't have like weekend plans or anything, my life apparently is supposed to revolve around Smithfield News exclusively.  I guess this is my punishment for spending a couple hours with my mom on Easter.  I am at the point now where I go to work and literally just count the minutes until I leave.  I sent out a couple more resumes today and the truth is at least one of them is a job that I am vastly overqualified for, but because it pays slightly more than my current job if they were to call I would probably walk in a heartbeat.

I am still working in two different stores because we can't even sell a store right, the clock is fast approaching June when Dee is leaving and I am like the Queen of England, I have a nice fancy title with which comes no authority whatsoever, I still work in a place where there is a class system; those the boss likes get to play by one set of rules while those he doesn't are held to a completely different set of standards.  It really is just enough already. 

It's a shame that my day ends this way too, when I woke up this morning I wasn't in a bad mood and I had a weird dream last night that was kind of cool, at least by my standards of cool, because I was writing a song in my dream, a creative outlet of which in normal life I would have absolutely no skill whatsoever. While I was still aware of it I had jotted down a couple of notes, thinking that was going to be my blog this evening, but instead it is just more work related bullshit.  I can't have one day of enjoyment anymore, not without it crashing down because of that hell hole.  I am tired of being miserable all the time.  It is not good for my emotional well being in the slightest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been