Friday, January 31, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 31 - Karaoke Friday - Voices

Sometimes when I put one of these types of blogs together, I do so not because it is a popular song, or even an annoying one, but simply because I like the the singer's voice.  On a night like tonight, where I am sitting alone in my apartment just thinking not so deep thoughts, that is as good a time as any to just grab a voice such as this one and enjoy it as background music.  I'll post the lyrics, because I always do on Karaoke Friday, but chances are you will not be able to match the singer on this one, so by all eans just sit back and enjoy, or maybe not.  To each their own and all that jazz.....



I sat within the valley green
I sat me with my true love
My sad heart strove the two between
The old love and the new love
The old for her the new
That made me think of Ireland dearly
While the soft wind blew down the glade
And shook the golden barley
T'was hard, the woeful words to frame
To break the ties that bound us
And harder still to bear the shame
Of foreign chains around us
And so I said the mountain glen
I'll meet at morning early
And I'll join the bold united men
While soft winds shook the barley
T'was sad, I kissed away her tears
My fond arm 'round her flinging
When a foe, man's shot burst in our ears
From out the wild woods ringing
A bullet pierced my true love's side
In life's young spring so early
And on my breast, in blood she died
While soft winds shook the barley
But blood for blood without remorse
I've taken at Oulart Hollow
I've lain my true love's clay-like corpse
Where I'll fall soon, must follow
Around her grave I've wandered drear
In night and morning early
With breaking heart when near I hear
The wind that shakes the barley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been