Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 8 - Unblogworthy

Not sure what to say today. Things aren't bad here, they are just going along I guess. We have hired three people so far that have a good chance of sticking on as full time employees if they want, which is good because since Christmas we have lost three people as well. I would like to continue hiring people, but Ed is the ultimate decider on such things. I know we have a stack of applications yet and I would like to get us to a point where we are no longer scrambling when someone either needs a day off or calls off sick. Right now we still have a few people who I think we are asking too much of and while they do not complain, if something bad should happen to them, it wouldn't be a matter of replacing them, but replacing two or even three people, because that is how much work they are doing.

By the same token, business has been off the last few weeks, what with the Christmas break and all, we are slower though that should change starting next week. Pitt already started their classes this past Monday, which will help business at Gus Millers, and Point Park and The Art Institute come back on Monday, which will help Smithfield as well.

Of course each day brings me to a day closer to a point that I am not looking forward to, Dee has apparently gotten a buyer for her house that she put up for sale in the fall. She is supposed to close on that sale next month and which point the clock will definitely be ticking on how long it will be before I am running both stores by myself unless Ed finds someone to take her place, and right now he hasn't been in much of a hurry to do that. I know she want to be out by June, the same month as my birthday, so happy birthday to me, here's my present, more work. Yay!!!

Anyway I do not want to spend my evening complaining, like I said right now things aren't that bad. Just typical I guess. Probably not even blog worthy, but some days my life isn't all that blog worthy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been