Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 26 - Visitors

     I don't have many contacts on here, only a a few people follow this blog and probably even fewer read it on even a semi regular basis.  I don't say that to complain, like I have said many times before I do this first and foremost for myself and anyone who wishes to follow along is more than welcome too.  In that regard though this is about as anti-Facebook as you can get, because over there I have 819 "friends", the term being used very loosely, some are people that are family, some are people I went to school with, some are people that I either have worked or am currently working with and some are indeed friends of mine, but the vast majority of them are people that I have met through one Facebook app or another.  Usually the apps are games and involve sending tickets, tokens or other such nonsense between people and the more people you have using the same app the more likely you will have success in the game.



     Since I have so many people that are "friends", I have a pretty active newsfeed as well.  Some of it is just people sharing links to other articles, or a lot of drama that would probably serve the writer better if they had kept it to themselves.  Once in a while though there is something that pops up on my feed that does strike my interest.  That would be the case when one such item popped up on my feed from Kay a while back, when she said she had tickets to this year's Royal Rumble, one of the larger PPVs of the WWE calendar year.  I am not sure where I met Kay, I think it was on an app called Scratchix, a lottery scratch card type game where the more friends you had the more scratch off tickets you would get, and if you collected certain items you could win cash and/or prizes.  While the app went down long before many people were actually paid what they were owed (I am still waiting on a $25 Amazon gift card I know I will never receive), I didn't go through my friends list and delete people just because an app failed.  Chances are we probably use more than one similar app (I know Candy Crush is pretty big amongst the 819 friends I have) so I didn't bother weeding people out simply because one app is no longer available. 

     Back to the story though, I knew from my feed that Kay lives in the UK, and I know from living here that the Royal Rumble PPV was being held this year in Pittsburgh, so I sent her a quick comment saying something along the lines of hoping she has a fair time in my city.  We ended up striking up a conversation, things to do around here, hotels to stay, and what not and we had talked about meeting up for a drink when she did get here.  She wasn't going to be staying long, coming to town the Saturday before the PPV, and leaving on Monday after it. 

     Well, today is the day of said event, and as you know I worked for quite a bit yesterday, doing my normal job and meeting with the Pittsburgh Police (see yesterday's post), so I was pretty much non available yesterday.  Not that she was available, turns out her flight to Pittsburgh from NYC was delayed due to the weather, as it snowed yesterday and has been bitterly cold most of the time recently, so she didn't even get into Pittsburgh until last night.

    I saw she had posted a couple of things after arriving, so we exchanged a few messages the last night and this morning when I said we should at least go check out a couple of things prior to her going to the wrestling show tonight and she agreed so this afternoon I went over to her hotel and met her and we went first to Mt Washington, because I thought it would be a shame if she didn't do at least one touristy thing while she was here 
 




After Mt Washington we went into town and hit up Primanti's, the local restaurant where they serve sandwiches with fries and coleslaw right on the sandwich, because in Pittsburgh it s common to eat fries on everything, even salad.  Honestly, I think our tourist/marketing slogan when it comes to food should be "It hasn't died until it's fried."  The entire time though it was just cool, it was really like two friends just hanging out having a good time.  Of course our time together was cut a little short because I wanted to make sure she made it to a meet and greet with Matt Hardy at the Blue Line Grille, across the street from where the PPV is taking place (Matt Hardy does have more Mattitude than me after all.), especially after she missed a PPV pre-party last night with Kevin Nash because of the delays with her flight and getting to Pittsburgh. 

Now I am back home, I assume the PPV is going on, I doubt anything like Sudden Death is taking place, and I am just relaxing before putting in another fine week serving the empire.  Just wish all of my days off could be this much fun.





   

2 comments:

  1. Mattitude...haven't heard that for years. we used to tease our Matt with that when he was acting a little stroppy when he was around 10-12 years old lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I know Matt Hardy used to use it as part of his wrestling gimmick years ago, so it almost fit in here. But then people who know me might think I am in need of a Mattitude adjustment.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been