Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 11 - The best laid plans

   Today wasn't going to be fun, I admit.  Working on Saturday usually isn't fun, on most days I can bang out the work that needs done, plus a little side stuff, like tinkering with the register system, or looking into new products to sell in the store.  Slide in a meal out, either breakfast or a lunch at the Squirrel Cage and I can finish the day with a someone contented feeling of accomplishment.

     But I am still taking the Polar Vortex in my anal vortex as it were.  The cold snap that happened earlier changed our schedule slightly.  Because the Sledd delivery trucks could not be started on Tuesday due to the cold, our deliveries that were scheduled for Wednesday and Friday were pushed back to Thursday and Saturday, meaning I had to go in earlier that usual today and, with Sammy's help, put away a grocery delivery that otherwise would have been taken care of on Friday.  While that adds to my workload a little, it was still possible that I could just bang everything out all at once and be done with it, provided the delivery arrived early enough.  It didn't, it showed up at 10:30am.  Of course the fact I showed up for work at 7am meant that I already blew three hours of my day just waiting on this thing. 

     To add to the party, while I am checking in and putting away groceries, one of our repairmen, Doug, comes into the store.  We had a problem in our deli section where too many items were plugged into the same outlet. Running off of the same circuit, the deli had two steam tables, a soup warmer, two table top mini ovens and a microwave.  Of course that meant any time the microwave would be started all 6 items would shut off because the circuit was tripped.  Today Doug came in to look at the problem and offer a potential solution, which was a new outlet run from the circuit box in the basement, drilling through the floor and up beside the table where the steam tables currently sit.  I am thinking cool, so when do you want to do this?  His response is, how about 11pm tonight?  Fuck me, bend me over and fuck me.  So I could either spend all day at work and then be there tonight as well, or just come home, maybe nap a little and then go back in, which is going to be the new plan.

     By me writing about this though, that changes another plan.  I had a completely different idea for what today's blog was going to be about, it is something that will keep though, I did take a couple of notes just in case I forgot where I was going with it, so I should be fine there.  Nothing in it is of a time sensitive nature.  I actually filed some of the notes away in a draft here this morning when I first woke up, while sucking down a cup of coffee. 

     I also putzed around the page, just seeing if my blog had any noticeable traffic the last few days.  I can get some ideas of where people are from based on the globe on the right, if I click on it, it gives me a list of what countries, states/provinces, and cities visitors who stop by the page are coming from.  The TIP box on the left will actually give me the IP address of anyone who checks in as well as how they were referred to the page, did they come in through Google+, Facebook, search engine, etc.   I noticed someone from here in Pittsburgh was checking out a few different entries, which is all fine and good, I have no problem with that.  It also told me that my ex girlfriend, Ruth, has been on here twice in the last few days.  Apparently the last words I had for her ("You want to walk away, then just shut the fuck up and do it already, I really don't mind or care at this point.") weren't clue enough that her presence here is neither required nor requested.  Perhaps now that message will be a little more clear, though given how things are working out these days, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been