Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 14 - Scheduling

     Well it still hasn't happened yet.  Ever since I got back from my two day foray home for the holidays I have been trying to get myself on something of a regular schedule, but nothing seems to work.   None of this early to bed, early to rise stuff for me, no matter how much sense it would actually make.  Instead my schedule usually involves me taking a nap after work, anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, followed by being up until 2am, having my alarm go off at 5am and then smacking the snooze button till somewhere around 7am and reporting to work at 8. 

      Work being what it is, my day ends anywhere from 4pm till 8pm (save for last Saturday when it ended at 12:30 am, because my life sucks like that) and by the time I get home I am tired again and in need of a nap, so it is wash, rinse repeat and the cycle continues.

     So today I am trying to force myself to stay awake, sans the nap.  After work I headed out to Red Robin for dinner, though I did end up falling asleep on the bus for about 20 minutes, and I used the time to just relax, enjoy some god food and catch up on my book.  I started reading it last week, but it seems I never sit down and relax long enough to spend more than 10-15 minutes reading.  Usually my reading time is on the bus either to or from work, neither trip usually takes more than 15 minutes, and then the book goes back into my bag until the next bus ride.  I think between the bus ride to and from dinner and just sitting down at the table, I probably banged out a good 100 pages, enough that I am more than halfway done with it now (it clocks in at 408 pages).  Of course there are two more books in the on deck circle when I finish this one, it would be nice if I got them all out of the way by Feb, because I still have a $50 Barnes & Noble gift cart to use plus two others that have maybe $10 combined on them, so there will be ample opportunity for me to get back into my reading habit if I so choose.

      Wish I could say there was something else exciting to report, but there isn't.  Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, but like I always say, every day is a day closer to my last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been