Saturday, January 4, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 4 - Sleepy time

This is going to be one of those ever so brief blogs.  What can I say, I am coming off of my sugar high right now.  I went to bed at what would normally for me pass as a reasonable hour, I was asleep by 1:30am after all, but I was also meeting Sammy for our Sundae Saturday thing at 6:30am, and before I could meet him I had to stop by the store and let the overnight guys know that they will be having a new person working with them on Monday.

Before I closed my eyes last night I set the alarm on my iPad, I have been using the alarm clock on it as a back up to my normal alarm clock, which is set three hours ahead so that the first thing my head has to do in the morning is math to figure out just what time it is.  I know it is stupid, but it works for me, if I can get my brain moving early the rest of my body will eventually follow suit.  Anyway, because I went to bed when I did, I only woke up once during the night, around 4am, which is good for me, usually I am up and down all night.   I see what time it is, realize I do not have to be up yet and go back to sleep.

The next time I wake up, I see the time on my alarm clock and hit panic mode, I am late and going to miss Sundae Saturday breakfast with Sammy.  I look and see I didn't set the alarm on my alarm clock and figure that I must have slept through the iPad alarm or forgot to set the snooze function.  So now I am hurriedly packing things up and grabbing stuff to weat, into my bag goes the iPad, pants go on, sweatshirt is on because it is very cold outside.  Next thing is the laptop.  I hate Windows 8 because of the added steps involved in properly shutting off the computer, no longer is it simply that start box in the lower left, now it is this signing out nonsense first, then another screen, then off.  But I do not want to do anything that may damage the laptop, so I sign myself out first, then the next screen pops up with the time and date as well as the shut down switch.  That is when I see that I am an hour ahead, my head did not to the clock math properly, so I can either stay awake and be on time, or try to get a few more minutes of sleep.

I  decide to stay awake, no sense in trying for a few extra minutes of sleep, besides the unneeded panic I put myself through by thinking I was late pretty much ruined anything restful I could have accomplished by climbing back into bed anyway, so I just stay up.  So now I am working on about four hours and change of sleep to head downtown and first go to work, then meet Sammy.

Thankfully that all went according to plan, and we made it to Deluca's right around 7am.  We both ordered Funky Monkey breakfasts, but the service was a little slow today, so I ended up having 4 cups of coffee by the time we had received and then eaten our breakfasts.  Breakfast looked a little something like this





After that was a full work day between both stores, so right now I am just coming down off of a sugar high.  I wonder if junkies crash this hard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been