Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 7 - Distractions

I knew it would happen sooner or later, that my blogging time would face a challenge, would I get to a point where I wouldn't have enough time in the day to grind out a blog.  I didn't realize it would be this early in the year, but it is something I anticipated nonetheless.  I just didn't realize that the distraction would be of my own creation is all.

I was sitting around the house Sunday night, I couldn't sleep because I made the mistake of taking a nap early Sunday afternoon.  So instead I was finding things to do, washing dishes, taking out trash, cooking, etc.  Still I  couldn't  get myself to a point where I was tired enough to fall asleep.  Then I remembered that I still had a little bit of money left in my Amazon account and while I was working on the Christmas list post, I remembered that I did not get any books for Christmas, so I decided I would head over to Amazon and get something to read.

Amazon will offer free shipping on an order, provided you spend $35 or more, otherwise you pay extra to have your order shipped, so I went all in and got three books, one hardback, one longer paperback of the non fiction variety and of course another Robert Parker.  I often treat my reading like eating, non fiction books tend to be the meat and potatoes types stuff, fiction is the dessert.   I placed my order, opting for the free shipping (5 to 8 business days) and used the address at work as the place for my order to be sent to, simply because I have no desire to go to the post office and shipping to my place of employment avoids that headache completely.

So what should show up at work today, a mere day and change after I ordered it?  All three books, and while I like blogging and will do my best to continue to carve out time for it daily, I am absolutely geeked about all three book selections that I made.  Even as I type this I am thinking I can't wait to get back to reading (I started one of them on the way home from work).  This will be a test of my blogging discipline, of that I am quite certain. 

Anyway, just wanted to offer a heads up.  7 days down, 358 to go.  Let's hope I can keep those dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been