Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 1 - The Announcement

Okay, I have been thinking a lot about this recently, and after some deliberation I decided that perhaps I should make a second attempt. Fans of this blog, well okay, I will not say there are fans, more like people that happened to bump into this page on more than one occasion will remember that a about three years ago I tried embarking on a quest of sorts, to post at least one blog a day. That process was both good and bad, good in the sense that the only way I really get better at writing is by doing it, even if I have to force myself to do so, bad because it was a project that was going along quite well and then I let my life get in the way of things and I fell off pace about 3 quarters of the way through a year.

I forgot why I was doing it back then, I caved into pressures that I really didn't need to and put the concerns of others above my own. That doesn't mean I am advocating that I should go about my life as a self centered prick, but some things in my life need to be mine, and this blog is one of them; my place, my rules, my bitching and moaning, my life. Simple.

I have spent parts of the last few weeks looking back on my previous blog posts, I forgot that I have been at this for over 8 years now and the one thing that I felt was that the more frequently I blogged, the better it felt to me. Maybe it didn't read as well, that would be for others to determine, but my head was in a better place. It would be like someone going to the gym, for me the only way my head feels better, or sharper or more active is to use it more often. Only coming on here when I feel like it isn't a challenge, nor is it all that stimulating from a mental perspective.

So without further adieu, my first post of 2014 is the announcement of Blogger 365, an attempt to put forth at least one blog a day for the next calendar year. Of course by putting Blogger 365 in the title of this entry, in essence announcing it before it happened even though it is happening as you are reading this, I have created one of those Star Trek like temporal loops. I wonder if this means I have to go all “Mirror Mirror” Trek and shave back down to a goatee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been