Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 12 - Transmogrification

A few weeks back I had mentioned in a blog that I was remembering m dreams more often when I woke up.  Not only was I remembering them, but they were becoming more vivid and in some cases, strange.  At least straange as far as I could recall from my previous dreams. 



In some ways that has changed, I am remembering some of them but more of them are gone from my head by the time I wake up, but in others they have gotten even stranger if that is possible.  My dreams usually fall into one of two categories; they either involve me and something that is happening to me in them, or they are almost like watching TV, I am just witnessing events but have no real say in them and what is taking place has no real effect on me in them.

So imagine my surprise the other night when I fell asleep and I starting dreaming that I was in a reality TV show of some sort.  I do not know what the basic premise of the show was, only that at the end of it the goal was apparently to not be voted off.  I am not even aware what the task or challenge was that was to be completed, only that at least two people who have to make a case at the end of the show as to why they should be allowed to stay another week.  All of this would be simple enough, except I wasn't me. In this show I was black, and a reverend.  I know I was black because I looked in a mirror at one point and I had an appearance that could best be described as similar to Alphonso Ribero.  (For the record I did not do the Carlton in my dream, so yay for that.)  Anyway, as the dream progresses I find that I am going to be one of the people that has to state their case as to why they should be allowed to remain on the show, and I sought out the deacon of the church I apparently led, looking for advice.  He was speaking about faith and good works that I have done and all I thought to myself was, I don't even believe in God.  How am I going to lie my way out of this?  Just as I was about to make my case for why I should be spared on this week's episode, I woke up.

The second dream was one that I have had in the past, but with a bit of a twist.  I do have recurring dreams of being in some type of peril, I am falling, or being shot at or attack, or I am in a speeding car and for whatever reason the brakes don't work.  This dream was a variation on the last scenario, the twist being that I wasn't the one driving the car for a change, a female acquaintance of mine was, and I don't know where we were going to, but for some reason we had to turn around and go in the other direction.  But rather than turn the car around, she just decides to drive the car in reverse, going faster and faster the longer we are in the car.  At one point we are passing underneath what would appear to be an elevated highway or subway or some such thing, metal columns are whizzing by we go when my side of the car slams into one, smashing my arm (if someone were sleeping beside me, I probably would have smacked them at this point with my flailing), and the car and my arm just bounced off of the metal column and we kept going in reverse until the road or whatever we were on was changing from a street into a roller coaster track, one which I knew the car couldn't fit on and we most assuredly would fall off of to our deaths and unlike most dreams of this type, where I am panicking and trying to find a ay to slow or stop the car I was in, because I was a passenger I just calmly thought to myself, okay, this is how I am going to die.

The last one was probably the weirdest because it was like the first one in that I had taken the form of someone else, except this time I was a woman.  I am not sure what type of woman I looked like, and I am not even sure how I remembered that I was a woman in the dream, perhaps it was my voice or something that gave it away, though I suppose this could have been like one of those first person video games, like DOOM, and the character was a female, but it felt like it was me and I was a woman, and I was making out with another guy.  I have no idea what to do with that one, because I am not gay, or bi or anything of the sort.  I admit I am comfortable enough in myself that I can point out an attractive guy and admit as much, without having any desire for them whatsoever. 

I have no idea where this is all coming from, I am almost thinking perhaps I do need to have my head examined.  I am hoping that it is just my creative energies in my head run amok, perhaps brought on by this whole 365 project, excess energies/ideas spilling out into my restful time in all kinds of peculiar ways.  Or maybe I am just messed up in the head, that could be it as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been