Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 22 - Wakey, wakey

     I just woke up from my after work nap, and I am starting to understand why I am tired all of the time after work.  Sure, part of it would be the hours that I am putting in, though the amount of time that involves manual labor isn't nearly as much as it used to be prior to being promoted.  Rather it is the mental exhaustion that goes with the job; the inordinate amount of pressure that comes with the job, some self created and some coming from Ed, and the feeling that on days like today everything is an uphill battle, and rather than being able to make a straight line from point A to point B (this is what we need to do and this is how we get there), things gets side tracked on tasks that have little to no bearing on moving the business ahead, or the path we are taking from A to B ends up being a roundabout course with little guarantee of success.  I am not going to go into specific details about today, not because I am all that worried about what people may or may not read, but because I have little desire to relive today so soon after it happened.  Instead I stopped on the way home, got something to eat, got into my apartment and slipped into my fuzzy pajama pants, ate dinner and then went to sleep.  Right now, that is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been