Saturday, May 31, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 151 - Almost dinner time

     Yes I know it is late, but I just threw my dinner in the crock pot.  Nothing too fancy, just hot dogs, sausage, sauerkraut and pierogis.  I am not even sure I am all that hungry, but I should probably eat something tonight.

     Work wasn't bad today, I did about half of what I need to get done this weekend.  In part because I was taking it easy on myself, I have to go in on Sunday anyway since the weekend paperwork needs to be split up with Sunday being the 1st of the month, we can't file a combination of May and June at the same time so i am going in Sunday to do the paperwork for Friday and Saturday and on Monday we will deal with the Sunday stuff. Since I have to be there anyway, I didn't go all crazy with what needed done today, instead I found some other tasks that I could tackle and saved some stuff for tomorrow.  I don't want to go in and just do one or two things, it seems like a waste of my time so I left myself a few things to get done instead.

     I started reading another book today.  I haven't finished my book on the beginning of World War I yet, but I reached a point where I was burning out on information overload.  Between all of the dukes and bishops and kings and ministers that are in play, it almost felt like the more boring parts of the Bible, where you sit around reading whom begat whom.  I needed to step back from it, thankfully I still had a Robert Parker laying around the house that I hadn't read yet, so I started that on the bus today. I will probably take it to breakfast with me tomorrow as well, I am thinking an early breakfast, then tackle work and then hopefully get home to enjoy some pleasant weather.

     It was beautiful outside today, lots of sun and warm without being hot.  Damn near perfect, so of course I was indoors for most of it.  Oh well, que sera, sera. 

     I am probably going to place the order for my cell phone on Monday, and I feel like I am being drug kicking and screaming into the 21 century.  I am still unsure of my need for one, after all, Buck Rogers was around in the 25th century and he didn't have one and he got along okay.  Plus he did have the hot Wilma Dearring to look at (Erin Gray) in those skin tight body suits.  Yes, my mind was poisoned as a child and has only gotten worse since.

     Oh well, better go check on dinner.  Eating is fundamental.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been