Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 126 - It's over

      Well it only took a month or so, but finally the lottery license has been transferred at Gus Millers (or whatever the new owners decide to call it now) and my work there is done.  At least my free work, since our business with that store has now concluded.  The new owners have asked if I would help them out with the lottery machines, which I really do not have a problem with, in fact they may even throw me some shekels for doing so.  For now though I do not have to trek in there each and every morning looking to get a tobacco order, or empty money from the machines or run lottery reports and make sure everything balances because that is no longer my problem.  It is the relief I was hoping to feel a month or so ago when we actually sold the place, but somehow we managed to make selling the place more work than when we owned it.

      Tomorrow is payday, I might take myself out to celebrate.  I haven't been to the Squirrel Cage in a while, a cajun chicken sandwich might be a good call.  Then again, I need to buy some new shoes to, so maybe I will head off to the Waterfront.  Who knows right now, all of that seems like long term planning and I am not even thinking 5 minutes ahead let alone 5 hours. 

     Not sure how much everyone liked yesterday's glog, apparently listening to the local media today I must have been watching a different game.  To hear them talk, the Penguins have played great the last two games, which isn't what I took out of last night at all.  Last night the Penguins were lucky, they were vastly outplayed for major stretches of the game but he thing about hockey is if a goaltender gets hot he can almost single handedly carry a team, which is what happened.  The Penguins had few really good scoring chances, but managed to capitalize on two of them, the Rangers had quite a few scoring chances, but either Marc-Andre Fleury made a great save or the Rangers would be hobbled with bad luck, as evidenced by hitting two posts and one crossbar and the puck never actually ending up in the net.  Last night the Penguins stole one, which is fine, it counts as a win just the same, but if they want to win a best of seven series they will need to play better than they did Tuesday night.

     Enough from me already, we all know that we have better things to do than read my gibberish, so we should all set about doing such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been