Sunday, May 11, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 131 - Just Sunday

Just laying around my apartment, getting ready to watch a hockey game and thought maybe I should bang out my daily blog entry. No, I will not be glogging tonight's game, consider yourself spared.
It was a pretty uneventful Mother's Day here, I woke up relatively early for my day off, 9am or so and after I got my eyes to focus a little bit I padded over to the phone and called my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. We chatted for a bit, I wanted to let her know that I ordered her flowers, though because I didn't do so until Friday they would not get there until Wednesday. I ordered them online and it was a painful process, at least three different selections I had made turned out to not be available at the local florist before I was able to find something that they had and was decent looking. Well I hope it is anyway, we will wait and see on that.

I was supposed to go to breakfast with my aunt today, but last night after I had finished my blog entry I got a message from her saying she couldn't make it. She had to go to an event for one of her sons, who was submitting a project to get into Eagle Scouts. Really though, on Mother's Day I would have expected her to be spending time with her family anyway, I was actually surprised when she first mentioned it last Sunday.

After chatting with my mom for an hour or so I decided to throw some clothes on and run to the corner store to grab some java and complete the waking up process. It was sunny and warm out, reason enough to not spend the entire day indoors, so after grabbing my coffee I came home, showered and got dressed and decided to head over to the Strip District solo. Instead of breakfast I figured I would catch lunch at Kellie O's instead. Good thing I opted for lunch because by the time I got to the bus stop I must have just missed a bus because I ended up waiting for 45 minutes or so until my bus actually came. Thankfully I took my book to read, between my time waiting for the bus, riding the bus and eating lunch I managed to read a good chunk of my book. If all goes according to plan I should have it finished some time this week, maybe as early as tonight. After the hockey game I am going to head out and do some laundry and I will probably take my book to keep me entertained. Should be fun.

First intermission of the hockey game, I could continue babbling but I think I will go make something to eat instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been