Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 127 - We will see

     Today was either a very good day or a very bad one.  On one hand we may have rid ourselves of one of our larger problems at work, the same person that has made it a theme of constantly calling off was fired today.  Not by Ed, who seemed to be more than content to let this nonsense continue unchecked, but by Brian, who had seen enough of it already and another no call, no show today was finally enough.   We will see if what he did is permanent or if it is just a small bump in the road before Ed comes back and rehires this person and let's this nonsense continue.


     By the same token, there was a memo that was handed out with our checks today that said anyone who is unhappy can feel free to leave.  In part I am sure that this memo was inspired by my having an interview last Friday for another job.  I have made no secret of my unhappiness (in part because of the person who Brian finally fired today) because I have been a manager in name only, I really haven't been allowed to actually address any issues that come up because if we are going to allow people to consistently not show up for work, then what authority do I have over anyone, they can simply point to that example and say if they can get away with such and such the why can't I, and I would have no legitimate argument to that line of reasoning.

     That being said, there was also another reason why I was relatively vocal in my displeasure at work, that being I knew at some point there would be a person or two who would run to Ed with that bit of information in order to play kiss ass with him.  It isn't the first time I know of that some people I work with ran to him, looking to make themselves look better not by actually doing their jobs but by  brown nosing the boss.  Which for me is fine, if that is who he wishes to cater to he will find himself working an awful lot more than he currently does, the brown nosers aren't looking to actually do anything themselves, they are just hoping to make themselves look better.  Any time they wish to actually do my job, they are more than welcome to my keys.  But I am willing to bet none of them are ready to give up 6 days a week, every week, to do what I do.  And certainly not for what I get paid to do it.  So I really have no problem with them continuing to run their mouths, it will just make theirs and Ed's lives more troublesome in the long run.

      I think the best thing that has happened recently is that I have just developed an attitude of really not giving a shit one way or the other.  I am sure that if my current job doesn't work out I will find another one, and if it does work out then the people who seem to think running their mouths constitutes work are going to find that they are sadly mistaken.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been