Monday, May 12, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 132 - Jumping off point

     This is one of those days where I am just plum fresh out of ideas.  My job has been going well enough that I haven't had to bitch about it in a few days, the weather is warmer so I don't have to sit in my apartment shivering all the time, the college kids have went home for the summer so the noise level has died down incredibly and such inane sports as "hit beer cans with golf clubs" are not taking place in my driveway.  While I would say that I am overly happy or blissful, at least there is a certain contentment and sometimes being content is good enough.

      That being said, being content hardly is inspiring in writing a blog entry, in fact it is pretty much debilitating.  There isn't anything out there to be overly angry or excited about, the world is just there and I am part of it.  Admittedly I do like sports, but I do not have the fire in my belly to get all upset over the David Sterling's of the world, or feel the need to opine greatly about ESPN filming Michael Sam and his boyfriend kissing after Sam was drafted by the Rams.  Sure I have opinions about such topics, I just don't have the desire to argue over them, especially with people whose minds have already been made up.  If fools errands were my forte I would still be fighting with 9/11 Truthers, or Birthers, or North American Unionists, or any of a number of inane conspiracy theorists out there.  It is one thing I do not miss about my talk radio days, anymore I am content to leave people wallow in their own ignorance.  I am not an educator, nor do I play one on TV.

     Instead of me being the brains of this outfit I think I will just throw this out to the public at large.  What should my next blog be about?  I've been blogging for probably a decade now, and over the course of that time I have covered many topics, is there something I missed that others were clamoring for?  Not that I know everything because I don't, if you ask me with ideas to fix your car it would be a short blog entry along the lines of "See a mechanic", but anyone who has been here longer than a minute would know what I tend to focus on, so perhaps there is something within those realms of thoughts/ideas that I completely skipped over. 

     If not, that's okay, I am sure something rather boring or routine will happen around these parts soon enough that will allow me to grind out a paragraph or two.  Until then, I am open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been