Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 147 - At least the power stayed on

     Just got through what could be called a decent sized thunderstorm here.  I was worried about starting a blog entry only to have the power go out in mid sentence, but it would seem that we managed to avoid that potential outcome here, the electricity stayed on and all is well with the world.  No, I did not go over to the Weather Channel to see what sort of stupid name they came up with for the weather. 

     I like thunderstorms actually, and while the weather here the last 4 days or so has been pretty freaking magnificent, there is something about a good storm that for me just washes away any bad mojo in the air, and the moments immediately afterward are almost like some one took nature's Etch A Sketch, gave it a good shake or three and now we get a brand new start.

    So far it has been an easy week for me, I was relatively productive at work (though it is only Tuesday, things can change on that front), I enjoyed getting into the kitchen yesterday and cooking my chili (which once again passed the Sammy taste test) and the lac of college students in Oakland has the area someone peaceful at night.  I even snuck out last night and just sat in my driveway soaking in the quietness. 

     Tomorrow I have to show Bobby how I do a grocery order at work because I have been picked by Ed to go to a trade show next Tuesday for GFS, one of our vendors.  By not being in the office on a Tuesday, that means someone else will have to pick up the slack on the ordering front and since Bobby has worked with the COSMOS system we use (he did the ordering for Gus Millers), it should just be a matter of getting him used to the actual volume of stuff we order more than the showing him how the entire process works.

    As for me, I think I am going to call it an early night.  I already took a nap and I think closing my eyes again will not be that hard of a thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been